Home2017-2018ASWU Report

ASWU Report

By Ben Love
ASWU Senator

Following the Associated Students of Willamette University meeting that took place on Thursday, April 12,

The discussion that took place during the meeting covered a range of topics from the recently elected senators to next years’ first year class. This was the first campaign cycle since ASWU Senate voted to ban individual poster use and the response was overall positive. The Spring Round three Budget and next year’s ASWU Operating Budget will be discussed in a greater length within the next week or so and be voted on before the end of the year.

Following the events that took place last week, a bill was presented for the purpose of debate and decorum; during this presentation, a few minor amendments were changed in the bill. The bill creates new rules that public speakers will be limited to two minutes, unless the Senate approves to extend time with a two-thirds vote. The bill was voted on and passed unanimously. A donation was suggested to give some funding to the law school to help with their graduation cap and gowns, however the donation did not pass.

In addition president Wellman updated ASWU that the Academic Council voted to end the compass program for next year.

Associated Students of Willamette University meets every Thursday at 7 p.m. in Ford 102 on the first floor of Ford. All students are welcome.

btlove@willamette.edu