Campus Safety Report

September 8-11, 2014

Information provided by Campus Safety

CRIMINAL MISCHIEF

September 8, 8:55 a.m. (Doney Hall):  Campus Safety received a call about a vandalized toilet. The officer responded and observed a toilet that had been stuffed with paper towels so that it could not be flushed properly.  

EMERGENCY MEDICAL AID

September 11, 7:07 p.m. (Goudy Commons): Campus Safety received a call stating that a student was having an allergic reaction to some food and required emergency assistance. Salem Fire Department was called and the officers were dispatched to the scene. It was determined that the student required further attention and was taken to the ER by the ambulance.

POSSESSION OF A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE

September 8, 12:03 a.m. (York House):  Campus Safety received a call regarding the smell of marijuana coming from a residence room. The officer located the origin of the smell and made contact with the owner of the room. Upon entering the room, the officer observed a pipe on the windowsill as well as a glass jar with marijuana inside. After a brief conversation, the student gave the paraphernalia to the officer.

September 9, 11:00 p.m. (University Apartments): Campus Safety received a call regarding the smell of marijuana coming from a room. The officer attempted to make contact with the resident, but the resident tried to leave the room, slamming the door behind them. The student then tried to push pass the officer, in an attempt to leave the building. When the officer tried to stop him and asked for their ID, the student became aggressive and refused to give over their ID. After a brief conversation, the officer entered the room with the student, which smelled strongly of marijuana. The student denied smoking and stated that someone else had been smoking.  

September 11, 2:06 p.m. (Haseldorf Apartments): Campus Safety received a report concerning the welfare of a student. The reporting party stated that the student was acting very strangely while on their way to class. When asked if they were OK, the student reported that they were “high on meth.” After taking the witness’ information, the officer went to the room of the student to conduct a welfare check. After knocking repeatedly, the officer entered the room and observed multiple candles as well as a pipe next to a small bag containing a white substance.  The student was located and reported that they were high on meth, and that the bag of white substance was meth as well.  The student was transported to the ER for evaluation. Salem Police was contacted and an officer arrived to confiscate the evidence.

THEFT

September 8, 3:51 p.m. (Matthews Hall):  A student came in to the office to report that their bike had been stolen. The owner reported that they had locked their bike up overnight and when they returned the next day, the bike was gone and the lock had been cut.

September 9, 10:30 a.m. (Matthews Hall): A student came in to the office to report that their bike had been stolen.  The student reported seeing the bike all through the last week, but the bike was missing that morning.

September 9, 5:59 p.m. (Matthews Hall):   A student came in to the office to report that their bike had been stolen. The student reported leaving the bike attached to the rail and, when they came back out a few minutes later, the bike was gone.

*PLEASE CONTACT CAMPUS SAFETY IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION REGARDING THESE INCIDENTS.*