Campus Safety Report

April 13–17, 2015|
Information provided by Campus Safety

CRIMINAL MISCHIEF
April 15, 2:50 p.m. (Skybridge): Campus Safety received a report concerning a light cover that had been broken on the skybridge. A work order was submitted to clean up the broken pieces.

MINOR IN POSSESSION OF ALCOHOL
April 17, 2:20 p.m. (Matthews Parking Lot): An officer observed a student stumble and fall to the ground. After verifying that the student did not need further medical attention, the officer smelled alcohol and then confirmed that the student was not of legal drinking age. During their conversation, the student continued to be argumentative toward the officer, however, the officer left the student in the care of their friends.

POLICY VIOLATION
April 15, 9 a.m. (Lausanne Hall): An officer observed a large amount of debris outside the building on the ground. The debris included a large amount of trash that appeared to have been thrown from one particular room in the building. A report was forwarded to the Office of Rights and Responsibilities.

April 15, 2:30 p.m. (Kaneko Commons): Campus Safety received a report concerning trash on the ground outside of the building. The officer observed multiple beer cans and other assorted trash. The reporting party stated that they have been cleaning up the same location nearly weekly. The room(s) where the trash originated was identified. A report was forwarded to the Office of Rights and Responsibilities.

April 16, 3 p.m. (Doney Hall): Campus Safety received a report of a key hidden underneath a fire extinguisher. Campus Safety retrieved the key and observed that it was a copy of a residence hall room key. The key was matched to a student’s room. An officer contacted the student who admitted to copying the key. The key was confiscated and the room will be rekeyed at the student’s expense.

THEFT
April 13, 9:15 p.m. (Lausanne Hall): Campus Safety received a call regarding a missing fire extinguisher. The officer searched the surrounding area, but the extinguisher was not found. A work order was submitted for replacement.

April 14, 2 p.m. (Gatke Hall): An employee called to report that a speaker had been stolen from their office. The employee stated that work had been done in their office, and that the door had not been secured afterward. When they returned the following day, the item was gone.

April 14, 8:30 p.m. (Hatfield Library): A student reported that their bike had been stolen. The student had left the bike locked outside the building with a cable type lock. When they returned, the lock had been cut and the bike was gone.

*PLEASE CONTACT CAMPUS SAFETY IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION REGARDING THESE INCIDENTS.

April 6-12, 2015|
Information provided by Campus Safety

CRIMINAL MISCHIEF
April 6, 8:49 a.m. (Blue Parking Lot): An employee called to report that one of the University vans had been damage in the past 24 hours. The groups who had rented the van were contacted, but there were no reports of a vehicle accident occurring.

April 8, 5:00 p.m. (University Apartments Parking Lot): Campus Safety received a call stating that a vehicle had been broken into and the passenger window had been broken. The owner of the vehicle was contacted and reported a backpack with broken electronics may have been taken.

April 9, 10:50 p.m. (Softball Parking Lot): A student called to report that their vehicle had been broken into. The student showed the officer a smashed out window but stated that nothing of value had been taken from inside.

April 10, 11:27 a.m. (Eaton Hall): A student reported that the Relay for Life signs on the field north of Eaton had been damaged. The student reported that someone had punched holes through the signs, rendering them unusable.

EMERGENCY MEDICAL AID
April 9, 11:26 p.m. (The Quad): Campus Safety received a report concerning a student who had injured their knee on the field. WEMS and Campus Safety met on scene to evaluate the student’s condition. WEMS determined that they student did not need immediate attention, but recommended seek further medical attention the next day.

DISORDERLY CONDUCT
April 11, 7:06 p.m. (Smith Fine Arts): Campus Safety received a report concerning a student who had taken their bag into an event. A contracted security officer also reported that they had told the student not to bring the bag in, but they did so anyway. Officers met with the student and informed her that they could not attend the function brought their bag inside and did not follow the instructions of the officers. The student continued to ignore the officer, but then did come out of the auditorium and began to discuss the incident with the reporting party.

POSSESSION OF A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE
April 12, 3:02 p.m. (Kaneko Commons): Campus Safety received a call concerning the smell of marijuana coming from a residence room. The officer conducted a plain view investigation of the room and confiscated a foil pouch containing marijuana.

THEFT
April 7, 2:00 p.m. (Law School): A student reported that their phone had been stolen. The student had left the phone on a shelf in the library to charge and when they returned an hour later, it was gone.

April 7, 5:30 p.m. (Hatfield Library): A student reported that their bike had been stolen. The student reported leaving the bike parked outside the building and had not used a lock. When they returned an hour later, the bike was gone.

April 8, 8:30 a.m. (University Apartments Parking Lot): Campus Safety received a call concerning a vehicle that had been broken into. The driver’s side window had been broken. The owner was called and stated that many expensive items had been taken from inside.

April 9, 10:50 p.m. (Softball Parking Lot): Campus Safety received a report that a vehicle had been broken into and the window had been broken. The owner of the vehicle was contacted and met with an officer to survey the damage. The student reported that various electronics had been stolen.

March 16 – April 5, 2015|
Information provided by Campus Safety

CRIMINAL MISCHIEF
March 27, 7:30 a.m. (Matthews Parking Lot): Campus Safety received a report from an employee who had found a vehicle that had been broken into. Both windows on the rear driver’s side had been smashed. The owner was contacted but no items appear to have been stolen.

March 30, 1:20 p.m. (Matthews Parking Lot): A student called to report that their vehicle had been broken into. The student reported one of their windows being smashed out but nothing inside was missing.

EMERGENCY MEDICAL AID
March 19, 2:10 a.m. (In a Campus Residence): A student called asking for transport to the hospital for a possible ear infection. The officer transported the student in the Campus Safety vehicle.

March 19, 2:35 p.m. (In a Campus Residence): Campus Safety received a report concerning a student who had committed self harm. The student was seen punching a wall, causing damage to their hand. The officer arrived on scene to speak with the student, who was getting their hand bandaged. The student stated that they were just frustrated. After confirming that the student was in no further danger to their own person or others, the officer cleared the scene.

March 19, 7:22 p.m. (Shepard Parking Lot): A student called to report that they had fallen while skateboarding and had been injured. The officer met with the student and evaluated their condition. The student was transported to Salem Hospital in the Campus Safety vehicle.

March 22, 7:35 a.m. (Off Campus): Campus Safety received a report regarding a student who had been injured during a University-sponsored trip. The student was reported to have been sleepwalking when they fell out of a second story window. 911 was called and the student was transported to the local hospital.

March 30, 10:53 p.m. (In a Campus Residence): Campus Safety received a call from a student who wanted to go to the ER. The student reported injuring their back after falling from their bed. The student was transported to Salem Hospital to receive medical treatment.

March 31, 2:48 a.m. (In a Campus Residence): A student called Campus Safety asking for transport to the ER. The student reported severe lower back pain and nausea. The student was transported by the officer in the Campus Safety vehicle.

March 31, 9:18 p.m. (Off Campus): Campus Safety received a report concerning the welfare of a student. The reporting party received a disturbing email and was worried that the student would harm themselves. Salem Police Department was called to conduct a welfare check and the student was transported to Salem Hospital from their residence off campus.

April 5, 1:12 a.m. (Off Campus): Campus Safety received a call regarding a student who had been drinking and was now unconscious. When the officer discovered that the student was off campus, they advised the caller to call 911 directly. The officers met with Salem Police Department and paramedics on scene at the location. After a brief evaluation, the student was transported to the ER by paramedics.

HARASSMENT
March 16, 5 p.m. (Smullin Hall): A student reported that they were being harassed. The student said they were using a University computer and then forgot to log off of their account. The next time they accessed their account, disturbing images had been downloaded onto the computer. The student contact WITS to remove the images.

April 1, 10:24 a.m. (University Center): A student called to report that they had been harassed by another student. The student reported that the individual has been consistently bothering them while they are at their workplace. Most recently, interactions have been hostile and have made the student feel unsafe.

POLICY VIOLATION
March 19, 9:40 a.m. (Sparks Parking Lot): A student received their 11th parking citation, their tenth of the school year. A report was forwarded to the Office of Rights and Responsibilities.

THEFT
March 16, 8:45 a.m. (Sparks Center): A student reported that their bike had been stolen. The student reported using a cable lock on the bike and it was last seen the prior week. The student was encouraged to file a report with Salem Police Department.

March 16, 2:40 p.m. (Physical Plant West): An employee called to report that some equipment had been stolen from a storage locker. The lock had been cut and a charger from inside was stolen.

March 16, 6 p.m. (AGSM): A student called to report that parts from their bike had been stolen. The student reported locking the bike up over the weekend, and, when they returned the next day, the seat and tires were gone.

March 18, 8:36 p.m. (Kaneko Commons): An employee called to report that a vacuum was missing. The employee reported leaving their supplies behind while taking out some trash. When they returned, the vacuum was gone.

March 19, 9 a.m. (Smullin Hall): A student came into the office to report the theft of a bike. The student observed a suspicious individual near the unattended bike. A few minutes later, they saw the suspect riding off campus with the bike.

March 25, 11:15 a.m. (Matthews Parking Lot): An employee called to report that a leaf blower had been stolen from the back of their maintenance vehicle. The employee reported leaving the vehicle for a short period to work in a different area. When they returned, the leaf blower was gone.

March 27, 8:19 a.m. (Matthews Parking Lot): Campus Safety received a report regarding a vehicle that had one of its windows broken out. The owner of the vehicle was contacted and it was discovered that a few items had been taken from inside.

March 27, 8:20 a.m. (Matthews Parking Lot): Campus Safety received a report regarding a vehicle that had been broken into. The vehicle’s owner was contacted and it was discovered that a few items had been taken from inside.

March 30, 4:35 p.m. (Ford Hall): An employee came into the office to report that their bike had been stolen. They locked the bike to the bike rack before leaving for spring break. When they returned, the bike was gone.

March 31, 11 a.m. (Doney Hall): A student came into the office to report that their ID card and keys had been stolen. Campus Safety replaced the key card and a lock change work order was put in for the room.

April 1, 10:15 p.m. (Smullin Hall): A student called to report that their bike seat had been stolen from their bike. The student locked the bike up the previous evening and, when they returned a few hours later, the seat was gone.

April 3, 10:34 a.m. (University Center): A student called to report that their bike had been stolen. The student had locked the bike to the railing the night prior and, when they returned the next morning, the bike was gone.

TRESPASS
March 31, 8:12 p.m. (Montag Center): Campus Safety received a call regarding a suspicious person who was yelling at students. The officer met with the individual and informed them that they needed to leave campus. The individual initially complied, but began straying back onto campus. After being asked several times to leave, Salem Police Department was call to make contact with the individual.

March 9-15, 2015|
Information provided by Campus Safety

ASSAULT
March 9, 4:45 p.m. (Off Campus): A student reported an incident in which they were assaulted. The student reported that a large scale fight occurred at an off campus party. During this fight, the student was pushed to the ground and their hair pulled. The suspect also stated that they would kill the student if they ever saw them again.

BURGLARY
March 10, 10:01 a.m. (YWCA Building): Campus Safety received a report of a broken window. The officers assessed the damage and found that the opening was large enough to gain entry to the building. Salem Police was called to make sure no one will still inside the building. A work order was placed to repair the window.

CRIMINAL MISCHIEF
March 11, 10:40 a.m. (Matthews Hall): Campus Safety received a report concerning unauthorized use of an unoccupied room. Various items were found left in the room and the window screen had been tampered with.

March 13, 4:55 p.m. (Physical Plant West): Campus Safety received a report from an employee stating that the lock to the parking lot gate had been tampered with. An officer met with the employee and observed that someone had attempted to use bolt cutters to break the padlock.

EMERGENCY MEDICAL AID
March 12, 9:05 p.m. (In a Campus Residence): Campus Safety received a call concerning a student with a high fever. WEMS and Campus Safety arrived and evaluated the student. WEMS suggested that the student go to the Hospital, but the student declined.

March 12, 9:45 p.m. (University Center): Campus Safety received a call concerning a student who cut their finger. WEMS and Campus Safety evaluated the student and WEMS bandaged the finger and advised the student that no further medical attention was needed.

March 13, 9:25 p.m. (Sparks Field): Campus Safety received a call concerning a student who had injured their jaw. WEMS and Campus Safety evaluated the student. WEMS advised that the student be taken to the ER and the student was transported in the Campus Safety vehicle.

March 15, 3:35 p.m. (Hatfield Library): Campus Safety received a call concerning a student with a high fever. WEMS and Campus Safety evaluated the student and determined that the student needed further medical attention at Salem Urgent Care Clinic. The student was transported by Campus Safety.

FIRE ALARM, UNINTENTIONAL
March 13, 12:34 p.m. (Lausanne Hall): Campus Safety received a report concerning an oven fire on the first floor. Maintenance and Campus Safety met on scene and discovered that the oven was giving off a lot of smoke, but no fire was visible. The oven had been put into self-clean mode and had begun burning off extra residue inside. The oven was unplugged and transported to Physical Plant West to complete its cleaning cycle.

POSSESSION OF A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE
March 14, 3:53 p.m. (Doney Hall): A Campus Safety office observed a student stumbling in the hallway and determined that they had too much to drink. The officer stopped the student to evaluate their condition. Thee officer questioning the student about drinking, but the student was extremely vague and unhelpful. The officer helped the student back to their room and observed multiple alcoholic containers in the room. The officer confirmed that the student was under 21 before confiscating the bottles. After determining that the student did not need further medical attention, the officer cleared the scene.

SUSPICIOUS SITUATION
March 12, 11:15 p.m. (Westwood Hall): Campus Safety received a call concerning a prospective student who may have been smoking marijuana. The officer met with the caller who explained that the student was acting very strange and was making others uncomfortable. The officer then met with the student and questioned them about their behavior. The student showed the officers a special pack of cigarettes that only smell like marijuana but have no actual drug content. The officers verified the legitimacy of this claim by reading the cigarette package information.

SUSPICIOUS PERSON
March 12, 12:45 a.m. (University Center): Campus Safety received a call concerning an individual that had been in the Bistro. The caller reported a man that began undressing himself in the Bistro. When asked to redress, the male refused. The student restated that they needed to put their clothes back on and leave the venue. The subject left the building and Campus Safety was called. The officer spoke with the caller and another witness to gain more information and was informed that the same individual had been seen on campus the night prior, searching for mushrooms in the bushes.

UNAUTHORIZED USE OF A MOTOR VEHICLE
March 9, 5:30 a.m. (Executive Building): Campus Safety received a report concerning a missing golf cart. The employee in charge of the golf cart showed the officer where it had been parked less than an hour before. Later that morning a Salem resident called to report that a cart was on their property. An officer responded to the location and brought the cart back to campus.

VEHICLE ACCIDENT
March 10, 5:20 p.m. (Softball Parking Lot): Campus Safety received a report that a vehicle had been struck with a softball while driving down 14th street. The officer met with the owner of the vehicle and insurance information was exchanged. The officer also documented the damage sustained to the hood of the vehicle.

March 1-8, 2015|
Information provided by Campus Safety

CRIMINAL MISCHIEF

March 1, 3:39 p.m. (McCulloch Stadium): Campus Safety received a report regarding vandalism on the

baseball field. The officer arrived on scene and observed that the field had been spray painted on and

large tractor tires were placed on all of the bases. Additionally, extra batting cages were set up on the

field and bleachers were pulled out of place.

March 2, 9:45 a.m. (Kaneko Commons): Campus Safety received a report regarding a plaque that had

been pulled away from a wall. The officer documented the damage done and a work order was

submitted to have the wall and plaque repaired.

March 2, 2:00 p.m. (Matthews Parking Lot): Campus Safety received a report regarding damage to a

fence in the parking lot. The officer surveyed the damage and found that it was most likely due to

someone backing up into it. A work order was placed to have the fence repaired.

March 5, 4:47 p.m. (University Apartments Parking Lot): A student reported that their vehicle had

been broken into. The rear passenger window was broken but no items seemed to be missing from

inside.

March 7, 8:40 p.m. (University Center): Campus Safety received a report concerning drawers and a

cabinet that had been tampered with at the Information Desk. Officer were shown several drawers and

a cupboard that had been forced open and the locking mechanisms damaged.

EMERGENCY MEDICAL AID

March 5, 2:44 p.m. (In a Campus Residence): Campus Safety received a call concerning the welfare of a

student. The officer with the student and after a brief conversation, it was determined that they needed

professional medical attention. The student was transported to the Emergency Room at Salem Hospital.

March 8, 5:30 a.m. (In a Campus Residence): Campus Safety received a report from 911 asking for help

locating a student who may have harmed themselves. The officer met with police and first responders

and escorted them the residence of the student. First responders evaluated the student’s condition and

determined that they were in need of further medical attention. The student was transported to the ER

by ambulance.

POLICY VIOLATION

March 2, 9:35 a.m. (Sparks Parking Lot): A student received their 15th parking citation, their 12th of the

academic year. A report was forwarded to the Office of Rights and Responsibilities.

March 5, 8:00 a.m. (Sparks Parking Lot): Campus Safety booted a vehicle attempting to use a forged

parking permit. A report was forwarded to the Office of Rights and Responsibilities.

March 5, 2:30 p.m. (Mill Street): An officer witnessed a vehicle speeding along Mill Street and made

contact with the owner after they parked and began to warn them about excessive speeds on campus.

The student became extremely defensive, accused the officer of racial discrimination and repeatedly

told the officer to, “go do your job”.

SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY

March 7, 8:37 p.m. (Sparks Parking Lot): Campus Safety received a report concerning two naked males

in the Sparks Parking Lot. The males were yelling and making “catcalls” to women as they were walking

through the area. When asked, the caller reported that it happened roughly 10 minutes prior. Officer

responded but found no one matching that description.

THEFT

March 4, 11:30 a.m. (Sparks Center): A student reported that their car had been broken into, the rear

driver side window was broken and a backpack was stolen from inside.

March 4, 11:30 a.m. (Sparks Center): An officer observed a car that had been broken into. The vehicle

had its rear driver side window broken. The owner was notified and met with the officer to complete the

report. The student reported multiple expensive items missing from the vehicle.

VEHICLE ACCIDENT

March 2, 7:40 a.m. (Sparks Parking Lot): An employee called to report that they had struck another

vehicle in the parking lot. The owner of the damaged vehicle was called and information was

exchanged.

February 23-28 2015|
Information provided by Campus Safety

CRIMINAL MISCHIEF
February 27, 9:46 p.m. (Goudy Commons): Campus Safety received a report that one of the cubbies had been broken into by prying at the metal clasp with cutlery. It is unclear at this time if anything had been stolen from inside the locker.

DISORDERLY CONDUCT
February 28, 12:31 a.m. (Montag Center): Campus Safety received a report concerning an intoxicated student who was disrupting other students. The student was asked to leave the premises, but continued to return. The reporting party stated that the student was bothering multiple people and was clearly intoxicated.

EMERGENCY MEDICAL AID
February 24, 4:43 p.m. (Brown Field): Campus Safety received a call regarding a student with an injured knee. Officers arrived to evaluate the student and confirmed that the knee was dislocated. Paramedics were called and the student was transported to the ER by ambulance.

February 26, 10:45 p.m. (In a Campus Residence): Campus Safety received a call regarding a student with a high fever. Campus Safety and WEMS evaluated the student and it was determined that they did not need immediate medical attention. The student was advised to make a follow-up appointment the next day.

February 27, 5:03 p.m. (Ford Hall): Campus Safety received a call regarding a student with a dislocated shoulder. WEMS and Campus Safety evaluated the student and determined that the student would need to be transported by ambulance for further medical attention.

February 27, 8:10 p.m. (In a Campus Residence): Campus Safety received a call regarding a student who was feeling lightheaded after taking prescribed medication. WEMS and Campus Safety evaluated the student, who was then taken to the ER by Campus Safety for further medical treatment.

February 28, 4:38 a.m. (In a Campus Residence): Campus Safety received a call regarding a student with a fever. WEMS and Campus Safety evaluated the student and determined that they did not need immediate medical attention. The student was advised to make an appointment with Urgent Care at a later time.

February 28, 12:22 p.m. (In a Campus Residence): Campus Safety received a call regarding a student who was experiencing severe abdominal pain. WEMS and Campus Safety evaluated the student and determined that the student did not need further medical attention. The student agreed with the assessment.

February 28, 1:51 p.m. (In a Campus Residence): Campus Safety received a call regarding a student with a sprained neck. The student reported pulling muscles in their neck while waking up. WEMS and Campus Safety determined that the student should be taken to the ER to ensure that no damage to their spine had taken place.

POLICY VIOLATION
February 27, 10:20 a.m. (Matthews Parking Lot): A student received their 23rd parking citation, and their 14th for the school year. Due to multiple restricted violations, the vehicle was towed. A report was forwarded to the Office of Rights and Responsibilities.

POSSESSION OF A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE
February 25, 11:53 a.m. (Kaneko Commons): Campus Safety received a report regarding students who were smoking what appeared to be marijuana. The officer made contact with the residents and observed some paraphernalia on the balcony. When asked about the incident, the students admitted to smoking and surrendered their marijuana and paraphernalia.

THEFT
February 26, 4:47 p.m. (Terra House): A student called to report that their rear bike tire had been stolen. The student reported locking up the bike for dinner the previous night; when they returned a few hours later, it was gone.

February 26, 4:47 p.m. (Terra House): A student called to report that their bike’s tires had been stolen. The student reported locking up the bike for dinner the previous night; when they returned a few hours later, the tires were gone.

February 17–22, 2015|
Information provided by Campus Safety

EMERGENCY MEDICAL AID
February 17, 10:12 a.m. (Law School): Campus Safety received a report of a student who was having a seizure. The officer arrived and spoke with the student. The student stated that they would be fine and did not require any further medical attention.

February 21, 1:24 a.m. (In a Campus Residence): Campus Safety received a report concerning an intoxicated student. WEMS and Campus Safety arrived and evaluated the student. It was determined that the student did not need further medical assistance, and the student was escorted back to their room.

February 21, 12:24 p.m. (Spec Keene Stadium): Campus Safety received a call stating that an elderly woman had fallen down the stairs at the baseball stadium. The woman drifted in and out of consciousness. Paramedics were called and the individual was transported to the ER by ambulance.

February 21, 11:35 p.m. (In a Campus Residence): A student called to report that they had a fever and wanted WEMS to check in on them. WEMS and Campus Safety arrived on scene to evaluate the student. It was determined that the student was not in any immediate danger and it was recommended that they go to urgent care the following morning.

February 22, 2:19 a.m. (In a Campus Residence): Campus Safety received a report concerning a student who had been drinking. The caller reported that the student was vomiting and may need further assistance. WEMS and Campus Safety arrived on scene to evaluate the student. WEMS determined that the student did not need any further medical assistance.

POLICY VIOLATION
February 19, 9:10 a.m. (Matthews Parking Lot): A vehicle was issued multiple parking citations for having an altered parking permit. The vehicle was immobilized and the owner was contacted. The owner was required to return the altered permit and a report was forwarded to the Office of Rights and Responsibilities.

SUSPICIOUS SITUATIONS
February 20, 6:37 p.m. (University Apartments): Campus Safety received a report regarding minors in possession of alcohol. Officers responded to the location and made contact with the students inside the room. The officers began questioning the students about the alcohol and, while conducting a search of the apartment, found multiple people hiding in the bedroom and bathroom. The officers found no alcohol and cleared the scene.

February 20, 10:19 p.m. (Kaneko Commons): A student called to report that a strange male attempted to get them into their vehicle somewhere off campus. The student refused and began heading back toward campus; the suspect continued to follow until the student ran away.

THEFT
February 19, 2:10 p.m. (TIUA): Campus Safety received a report regarding the theft of a set of speakers. The caller reported that the speakers were used in the computer lab. The caller stated that someone had cut the audio cable in order to steal the equipment.

TRESPASS
February 20, 12:36 p.m. (Kaneko Commons): Campus Safety received a report regarding a suspicious individual who was yelling obscenities on the skybridge. The caller reported that the man had continued on and entered the building. The officer arrived and located the individual in the restroom. The suspect alternated between cooperative, hostile and distraught throughout the entire interaction. Salem Police Department was called and the individual was trespassed off campus and taken to Salem Hospital.

VEHICLE ACCIDENT
February 19, 3:40 p.m. (Blue Parking Lot): A student came into the office to report that their vehicle had been hit. The owner reported parking the vehicle several days earlier and had just found it that afternoon. The owner was advised to make a report with Salem Police Department. There is no known suspect at this time.

February 6–15, 2015|
Information provided by Campus Safety

ASSAULT
February 15, 5:35 p.m. (University Center): Campus Safety received a report about an argument that had progressed to a physical altercation. The officer spoke with multiple witnesses. The caller reported seeing two students arguing and followed them to make sure that the situation did not escalate. Once outside, one of the students grabbed at the other and attempted to push them against a wall. The caller intervened and the victim fled the area. The officer spoke with the suspect and advised them not to make any further contact with the victim.

BURGLARY, ATTEMPTED
February 13, 8:30 a.m. (Eaton Hall): An employee reported that someone had attempted to break into their office. The officer on duty met with the caller and observed the damage done to the door. The suspect attempted to pry open the door with what appeared to be a screwdriver. The caller stated that nothing was missing and a work order was created to repair the damage.

CRIMINAL MISCHIEF
February 7, 4:09 a.m. (Sparks Parking Lot): While on patrol, the officer on duty observed a vehicle with its lights on. Upon closer inspection, the vehicle had been broken into. The owner of the vehicle was notified and it is unclear whether anything has been stolen.

February 9, 9 a.m. (Lausanne Hall): Campus Safety radios were malfunctioning and a report was received stating that the attic doors had been tampered with. The officer on duty arrived on scene to discover that the door’s jam was taped so that the door would not lock, and the Campus Safety repeater had been turned off. A work order was placed to increase the security of the door.

February 9, 10 a.m. (Ford Hall): Campus Safety received a report concerning some writing on the walls in Ford. The officer documented the evidence. The students who wrote on the wall were contacted and were advised on where they were allowed to write on walls in Ford.

February 9, 1:35 p.m. (Cascadia Hall): Campus Safety received a report concerning a damaged mattress. The caller reported that the storage room was open and one of the mattresses inside had been bent in half, damaging it beyond use.

February 11, 8 a.m. (Sparks Center): While on patrol, an officer observed multiple tire tracks alongside a footpath on the east side of the building. Groundskeeping was notified of the damage to the landscaping.

February 11, 4:45 p.m. (University Center): Campus Safety received a report concerning graffiti in one of the restroom stalls. Evidence was documented and a work order was placed to clear away the writing.

February 13, 11:10 a.m. (Hatfield Library): Campus Safety received a report concerning graffiti in one of the restroom stalls. Evidence was documented and a work order was placed to clear away the writing.

EMERGENCY MEDICAL AID
February 7, 12:25 a.m. (In a Campus Residence): Campus Safety received a call concerning the safety of an intoxicated student. WEMS and Campus Safety met on scene to speak with the student. After a brief evaluation, the student was transported to the hospital by the officer.

February 7, 2:02 a.m. (In a Campus Residence): A student called to report that they had a fever and wanted WEMS to check in on them. WEMS arrived on scene to evaluate the student. After a brief evaluation, WEMS suggested that the student could go to the ER or wait for hospital’s urgent care center to open in the morning. The student opted to wait.

February 14, 11:48 p.m. (In a Campus Residence): Campus Safety received a call regarding a student who was feeling ill. WEMS and Campus Safety met on scene to evaluate the student and determined that they did not need further medical attention that evening, but should visit the hospital in the morning.

POSSESSION OF A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE
February 7, 10:35 p.m. (Northwood Hall): Campus Safety received a call concerning the smell of marijuana coming from a residence room. The officer attempted to make contact with the residents. After several attempts, the officer keyed into the room and observed a strong smell of cologne, as well as a fan in the window. The officer found no observable signs of marijuana.

February 7, 10:50 p.m. (Doney Hall): Campus Safety received a call from an official in Residence Life who had confiscated some items while on rounds. The officer met with the staff member and retrieved the marijuana and paraphernalia.

THEFT
February 9, 3 p.m. (Kaneko Commons): A student reported the theft of their bike. The student reported locking their bike the week prior, but had not been able to use it until recently. When the student returned, the lock was cut and the bike was gone.

February 10, 2 p.m. (Hatfield Library): A student reported that their phone had been stolen. The student attempted to use the Google locater app but the feature was not enabled. The student also reported that their identification and credit cards were also stolen along with the phone.

VEHICLE ACCIDENT
February 9, 5 p.m. (Blue Parking Lot): An employee called to report that they had struck a vehicle with one of the Willamette vans. The employee showed the officer pictures since the victim’s vehicle was already gone. The owner was called and notified, but it appears no major damaged occurred on either vehicle.

Jan. 25 – Feb. 4, 2015|
Information provided by Campus Safety

ASSAULT
January 30, 11:14 p.m. (Lausanne Hall): Campus Safety received a report concerning a fight between students. The officer arrived on scene to speak with the students. The students stated they were trying to stop their highly-intoxicated friend from wandering about on their own. In this attempt, their friend became agitated and punched one of the students. Two students sustained injuries. The injuries of the students were documented and a report was forwarded to the Campus Judicial Office.

CRIMINAL MISCHIEF
January 26, 1:15 p.m. (Matthews Hall): A student came into the office to report that someone had attempted to steal their bike. The student showed the officer their bike, which had been damaged beyond use. The officer observed that the bike lock had been tampered with in an attempt to steal the bike. (One additional report of this type was filed during this time period.)

January 27, 1 p.m. (Matthews Hall): Campus Safety received a report that a bike rack had been tampered with. The officer went to the scene and found that several of the bolts that hold down the bike rack had been removed or loosened. A work order was placed to repair and secure the rack.

January 27, 5:45 p.m. (Blue Parking Lot): A student called to report that their vehicle’s tire had been slashed. While on their way home, the student noticed the vehicle performing strangely. The student discovered the hole in the tire and, when they took it to Firestone, the attendant verified that it had been cut.

January 28, 7:31 a.m. (Sparks Parking Lot): Campus Safety received a report concerning a vehicle that had been broken into. The officer arrived to survey the damage and found the rear passenger window shattered and the driver’s side mirror broken as well. The owner was contacted, but nothing appeared to have been taken from the vehicle.

EMERGENCY MEDICAL AID
January 25, 12:29 a.m. (In a Campus Residence): Campus Safety received a call concerning an intoxicated student. The officer met with the student and evaluated their condition. The student initially did not want to go to the ER, but after their condition worsened they agreed to be taken to the hospital.

February 3, 1:58 p.m. (Law School): Campus Safety received a report concerning a student that had suddenly collapsed. The officer arrived on scene and 911 was called to evaluate the student. A witness reported seeing the student have a seizure and hit their head on the floor. Shortly after, the Salem Fire Department arrived and transported the student to the ER.

February 6, 7:35 p.m. (Sparks Center): A student called asking to be transported to the ER. The officer met with the student, who stated that they had injured their finger while playing basketball. The student believed that it might be dislocated or broken.

February 6, 9:38 p.m. (In a Campus Residence): Campus Safety received a call concerning an intoxicated student. WEMS and Campus Safety met on scene to evaluate the student. After a brief evaluation, WEMS determined that the student did not need any further medical attention.

FIRE
February 2, 5:58 p.m. (Goudy Commons): Campus Safety received a report of a fire that had started on the west side of the building. The officer arrived just prior to Salem Fire Department. The fire was quickly contained and did not spread to other sections of the building. The cause of fire was due to excess grease in the meat smoker.

MINOR IN POSSESSION
January 31, 1:57 a.m. (Lausanne Hall): Campus Safety received a call concerning possible marijuana use inside a residence. The officers made contact with the residents of the room. Upon entering, the officers observed multiple alcohol containers inside. After verifying that all the students were under 21, the officers disposed of the remainder of the alcohol.

February 6, 10:16 p.m. (Doney Hall): Campus Safety received a report of a loud party. The officer arrived and found a large group of people inside a room listening to loud music. The officer observed numerous containers of alcohol. After checking everyone’s ID, the officer found that only one student was of legal drinking age. The alcohol was conficated and disposed of and the party was dispersed.

THEFT
January 26, 1:10 p.m. (Terra House): A student came into the office to report that their bike had been stolen. The student reported locking the bike up outside their residence a few days prior but, when they returned, their lock had been cut and the bike was missing. (Four additional reports of this type was filed during this time period.)

January 28, 7:31 a.m. (Sparks Parking Lot): Campus Safety received a report that a vehicle had been broken into. The vehicle’s rear passenger window had been shattered. The owner was contacted and it was determined that multiple items had been stolen. (Seven additional reports of this type was filed during this time period.)

February 5, 12:30 p.m. (Sparks Field): A student came into the office to report that their backpack had been stolen. The student stated that the backpack contained his laptop as well. The student reported that the backpack had been taken while he was at practice.

UNAUTHORIZED USE OF A MOTOR VEHICLE
February 4, 5:30 p.m. (Matthews Parking Lot): A student called to report that their vehicle was missing from the parking lot. The student reported seeing the vehicle earlier that week, but when they went to use it that evening, it was gone. The officer did not observe any evidence of broken glass at the scene.

VEHICLE ACCIDENT
January 27, 6:18 p.m. (Blue Parking Lot): A student called to report that they had backed into a vehicle while driving a University van. The officer met with the student to survey the damage. The officer observed paint transfer on the struck vehicle and minimal damage on the van. The owner was contacted and notified of the incident.

January 4-25, 2015|
Information provided by Campus Safety

CRIMINAL MISCHIEF
January 4, 7 a.m. (Winter Street): While on patrol, an officer observed a vehicle that had been broken into. The rear driver side window was smashed, but nothing appeared to have been taken from the vehicle. (There were nine additional types of these reports of this type during this period).

January 12, 3 p.m. (Rogers Music Center): An employee reported graffiti on the south end of the building. Large letters had been painted on to the side of the roof.

EMERGENCY MEDICAL AID
January 15, 2:21 p.m. (Olin Science): Campus Safety received a call that a student had injured their hand during a lab. The officer met with the student and transported them to the ER for treatment.

January 22, 12:37 a.m. (In a Campus Residence): Campus Safety received a call concerning a student who was not feeling well. The officer met with the student, who reported feeling ill and was resting until they could walk back to their room. The student did not seem to need any medical attention, so the officer transported the student back to their residence.

January 24, 1:44 a.m. (In a Campus Residence): Campus Safety received a call concerning an intoxicated student who had injured their head. The officer met with the student and, after a brief conversation, the officer transported them to the ER for further evaluation and treatment.

January 24, 11:10 p.m. (In a Campus Residence): Campus Safety received a call concerning a student who was intoxicated. The officers met with the student and, after a brief conversation, called the area coordinator on duty to come and speak with the student. The officers later received a call to transport the student to the ER for further evaluation.

POSSESSION OF A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE
January 17, 9 p.m. (University Apartments): Campus Safety received a call concerning the smell of marijuana coming from a room. The officer made contact with the students and observed some paraphernalia when entering the room. The students promptly handed over the items as well as a jar of marijuana.

PROPERTY DAMAGE
January 17, 7:12 p.m. (University Apartments): Campus Safety received a call concerning severe water damage that had occurred in a student’s room. The student reported that when they returned from break, the entire apartment had been overgrown with mildew and mold. The officer discovered that the shower was continuously running over the break, as it could not be turned off. The occupants were moved to another room until the damage can be repaired.

THEFT
January 8, 8:31 p.m. (Sparks Center): A student called to report that money had been stolen from their wallet. The student reported leaving their belongings in one of the Sparks cubbies while working out. When they returned, cash from the wallet had been stolen.

January 12, 12:45 p.m. (West Side Parking Lot): A student came into the office to report that a large amount of cash had been stolen from their purse. The victim stated that the purse was locked in the trunk of their car. When they came back from class, the vehicle was still locked but the money was stolen.

January 19, 1:30 p.m. (Kaneko Commons): A student came into the office to report that their bike had been stolen. The student reported locking it up with a U-lock, but when they returned from break, the bike and lock were missing.

January 24, 8:40 a.m. (Matthews Parking Lot): A student called to report that they observed a strange male subject stealing a bike. The student observed the man take most of the bike from the rack before putting it in their vehicle and driving away. The student attempted to take a picture of the vehicle’s license plate, which was forwarded to Campus Safety.

January 25, 1:14 a.m. (University Center): A student called to report that their bike had been stolen. The student had locked the bike to the rack outside with a U-lock. When the student returned, the lock had been pried apart and the bike had been stolen.

*PLEASE CONTACT CAMPUS SAFETY IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION REGARDING THESE INCIDENTS.*

December 1 – 21, 2014|
Information provided by Campus Safety

ATTEMPTED BURGLARY
December 10, 10:00 a.m. (Gatke Hall): Campus Safety received a call regarding an attempted burglary. An officer observed that one of the windows had been pried open, but a bracket on the window frame had stopped the suspect from being able to gain entry. A work order was placed to repair the window.

CRIMINAL MISCHIEF
December 9, 9:05 a.m. (Ford Hall): Campus safety received a report of graffiti on some glass panes within the building. An officer observed some writing on one of the lobby chairs. Security footage was accessed and the suspect was identified. A work order was made to remove the graffiti.

December 9, 4:45 p.m. (Sparks Parking Lot): A student called to report that their vehicle had been broken into, but nothing had been taken. The rear driver window had been smashed in order to gain entry. NOTE: There were two additional reports of this type of crime reported during the month of December.

December 18, 7:55 a.m. (Jackson Plaza): Campus Safety received a report regarding some beer bottles and a pint of ice cream that had been dumped on the ground. The items also had harassing notes laid underneath them.

EMERGENCY MEDICAL AID
December 6, 12:36 a.m. (In a Campus Residence): Campus Safety received a call regarding an intoxicated student. When the officer arrived, the student was unable to hold themselves up and was unable to answer basic questions correctly. The officer called 911 to have medics evaluate the student. When the medics arrived, the student was more responsive the officer escorted the student back to their room.

December 6, 6:37 p.m. (In a Campus Residence): A student called asking for transport to the ER. The student stating that they were having an ongoing migraine. The student was transported by the Campus Safety officer.

December 6, 10:27 p.m. (Outside a Campus Residence): Campus Safety received a call concerning a student who was having an allergic reaction. The student was transported to the ER for further evaluation.

December 13, 11:26 p.m. (In a Campus Residence): Campus Safety received a call regarding an intoxicated student. The student was unable to stand without assistance, but was alert and answering questions. The student was left to care for them self.

HARASSMENT
December 5, 11:39 p.m. (University Center): Campus Safety received a report of two students arguing outside of the building. The caller reported that a male was continually putting his hands on a female. The officer arrived on scene to speak with the students. The students were having an argument and the male admitted to getting physical. When asked, the female student stated that they did not want any charges filed. The on call area coordinator was contacted and made contact with the students to further evaluate the situation.

MINOR IN POSSESSION
December 5, 11:00 p.m. (Kaneko Commons): Campus Safety received a call regarding a noise complaint at the residence. The spoke with the students and observed a strong smell of alcohol and that many of the students were visibly intoxicated. The students all confirmed that they were all under 21. The student who lived in the room became very agitated with the officer. The officer cleared the room after having the remainder of the alcohol poured out.

December 6, 11:27 p.m. (Kaneko Commons): Officers responded to a room that was creating excessive amounts of noise. When the officer entered the room, they observed alcohol throughout the room. When asked, only one student was of legal drinking age, and admitted to furnishing the alcohol to the other students.

December 12, 2:50 a.m. (Baxter Hall): Campus Safety received a call regarding two students who were yelling at each other outside of the building. The officer met with the students who stated they had been drinking and found that they were both under 21.

POLICY VIOLATION
December 8, 8:00 a.m. (Sparks Parking Lot): A student received their 11th parking citation, their 8th of the school year. A report was forwarded to the Office of Rights and Responsibilities.

December 8, 8:00 a.m. (Matthews Parking Lot): A student received their 19th parking citation, their 3rd of the school year. A report was forwarded to the Office of Rights and Responsibilities.

POSSESSION OF A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE
December 6, 3:50 a.m. (Terra House): An officer observed a strong smell of marijuana within the building and located the source and contacted the residents. Upon entering the room, the officer observed multiple bottles of alcohol as well as marijuana and other paraphernalia. The students in the room were very cooperative and the officer confiscated all the items.

December 14, 12:45 p.m. (University Apartments): Campus Safety received a call concerning some marijuana paraphernalia that had been left in a residence over the break. The officer met with the caller and confiscated the items.

SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY/PERSON
December 9, 7:08 p.m. (Hatfield Library): A student called to report that an unknown male appear to be masturbating on the second floor of the Library. The student reported that they had observed this action a few hours before, but was unsure what they were supposed to do. An officer searched through the Library, but was unable to locate anyone matching the description given.

December 13, 1:30 p.m. (Hatfield Library): Campus Safety received a call regarding a male subject who appear to be masturbating on the second floor of the Library. The student left the area and reported the incident to the circulation desk. Campus Safety was called and the student was later able to identify the subject from a photograph.

December 14, 7:00 p.m. (Brown Field): Campus Safety received a call concerning a suspicious person trying to gain access to multiple different buildings. The caller reported that the unknown male was pulling on handles, trying to get into the buildings. The officer attempted to make contact with the suspect, but they fled the property.

THEFT
December 1, 10:45 a.m. (Hatfield Library): A student called to report that their jacket had been stolen. The jacket contained the student’s keys and phone. The student reported leaving the jacket for less than a minute before returning to find it missing.

December 2, 11:47 a.m. (Sparks Parking Lot): Campus Safety received a report that a vehicle had been broken into. The caller reported that two laptops had been stolen from the vehicle. The rear driver’s side window was smashed in order to gain entry. The caller was given the non-emergency number for Salem PD in order to make a report with them as well. NOTE: There were six additional reports of this type of crime reported during the month of December.

December 8, 11:58 p.m. (Smullin Hall): A student called to report that their bike’s tire and seat had been stolen.

December 15, 9:30 a.m. (Atkinson Annex): A student called to report that their bike had been stolen. The student left the bike locked outside while attending class. When they returned, the bike was gone.

December 18, 4:10 p.m. (Goudy Commons): Campus Safety received a call that a bike seat had been stolen from in front of Goudy. Security footage was reviewed but the suspect was not able to be identified.

VEHICLE ACCIDENT
December 1, 3:34 p.m. (Sparks Parking Lot): Camus Safety received a call of an attempted hit and run. The officer met with the caller who had stopped the driver that had attempted to leave the scene. The owner of the vehicle that was struck was contacted and the damage to both vehicles was documented.

December 3, 9:29 a.m. (Sparks Parking Lot): A student called to report that they had accidentally hit a vehicle while attempting to park. The officer met with the student and the owner of the struck vehicle was contacted.

December 3, 8:51 p.m. (West Side Parking Lot): Campus Safety received a call reporting a vehicle attempting to leave the campus by driving through the grass next to Pringle Parkway. The officer arrived to observe an individual leaving the vehicle which had crashed near the street. The officer observed that the individual was highly intoxicated and called 911. Salem Police arrived to arrest the driver and a tow truck was called to remove the vehicle.

December 13, 1:30 p.m. (Hatfield Library): Campus Safety received a call regarding a male subject who
appear to be masturbating on the second floor of the Library. The student left the area and reported the
incident to the circulation desk. Campus Safety was called and the student was later able to identify the
subject from a photograph.

December 14, 7:00 p.m. (Brown Field): Campus Safety received a call concerning a suspicious person
trying to gain access to multiple different buildings. The caller reported that the unknown male was
pulling on handles, trying to get into the buildings. The officer attempted to make contact with the
suspect, but they fled the property.

November 17 – 30, 2014|
Information provided by Campus Safety

ASSIST OTHER AGENCY
November 22, 11:31 p.m. (Off Campus): Campus Safety received a call from Salem Police Department regarding an off-campus party and requesting assistance identifying students at the party. The officer met with police at the location and had a conversation with the residents of the house. Salem Police gave the residents 20 minutes to clear the house and shut down the party. They were also given their last warning regarding incidents at that location. The officers observed over 100 people leaving the location before they cleared the scene.

November 30, 1:56 a.m. (Off Campus): Campus Safety received a call from a student at their off-campus residence stating that their roommate was missing and it appeared as if someone had broken into their apartment. The front door to the apartment was unlocked and slightly ajar. The caller reported finding their roommate’s phone on the ground and several items knocked over within the residence. The officer met with the student on scene and called Salem Police, who arrived and conducted a search of the apartment. They discovered the roommate passed out in the bedroom.

CRIMINAL MISCHIEF
November 24, 11:41 a.m. (Eaton Hall): Campus Safety received a call regarding an attempted break-in at an office. The officer met with the caller and was shown several pry marks on the door and door frame. No entry to the room was gained and a work order was placed to have the door repaired.

EMERGENCY MEDICAL AID
November 17, 8:18 p.m. (In a Campus Residence): Campus Safety received a call concerning the welfare of a student. The caller reported that the student was going through a tough situation and was contemplating hurting themselves. The officer met with the student who agreed to seek medical attention. The officer transported the student to Salem Hospital.
November 21, 12:09 a.m. (In a Campus Residence): Campus Safety received a call regarding a student who had injured their hand. The student requested transport to the ER to receive medical treatment.

November 22, 11:32 p.m. (In a Campus Residence): Campus Safety received a call regarding a person running a high fever. WEMS and Campus Safety arrived on scene to evaluate the individual. After a brief evaluation, WEMS determined that they were not in any immediate danger, but suggested that the individual go to the ER or see Urgent Care to seek further evaluation.

November 23, 12:16 a.m. (In a Campus Residence): Campus Safety received a report regarding an intoxicated student. WEMS and Campus Safety arrived on scene to evaluate the student’s condition. The student was reported to have consumed a large quantity of whiskey. After a brief evaluation, 911 was called and the student was transported to the ER by paramedics.

November 23, 12:47 a.m. (In a Campus Residence): Campus Safety received a report regarding a student vomiting in the restroom. Campus Safety and WEMS responded to evaluate the student. The student reported drinking some alcohol earlier in the evening. After a brief evaluation, WEMS determined that the student did not need any further medical attention.

November 23, 1:54 a.m. (Off Campus): Campus Safety received a call regarding an intoxicated student who needed medical attention. WEMS and Campus Safety responded to assess the individual. Upon arrival, the officer on duty observed several students restraining someone who appeared very aggressive. WEMS was unable to evaluate the student, due to their aggressiveness. The student then ran away and officers called 911. The student was found sitting on the porch of a nearby home and was transported to the ER for evaluation.

November 24, 8:05 a.m. (Olin Science Center): Campus Safety received a report regarding a student who had fallen from their bike and had hit their head. The reporting party observed the student slip on their bike and hit their head on a cement pylon. Campus Safety arrived and began evaluating the student while paramedics responded. Salem Fire Department arrived and transported the student to the ER.

GIVING FALSE INFORMATION
November 23, 4:11 a.m. (Belknap Hall): A student called stating that they were locked out of their room. The officer met with the student. While admitting the student, the officer observed a container of alcohol inside the room. When asked about the bottle, the student stated that they were 21. After checking the student’s information, the officer determined that they were not 21. The student then stated that they were actually 21, but they had used a false name to get into the room. The actual occupant of the room was still sleeping inside and they were visiting them.

POSSESSION OF A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE
November 22, 12:26 a.m. (University Apartments): Campus Safety received a call regarding the smell of marijuana. Officers made contact with the occupants of the room. Upon entering, they observed multiple containers of alcohol. The officer confirmed that the occupants were under legal drinking age and confiscated the alcohol.

November 22, 12:35 a.m. (University Apartments): Campus Safety received a report regarding the smell of marijuana. Officers attempted to make contact with the room’s residents. No one answered the doors, so officers entered the room and found marijuana and paraphernalia in plain sight. While confiscating the items, one of the occupants of the room returned. The student reported not knowing anything about the things found in the room.

November 22, 1:56 a.m. (Lausanne Hall): Officers observed the odor of marijuana in the building and located the source of the smell. They made contact with the room’s occupant and, upon entering, the officer also noticed a bottle of alcohol under the student’s bed. After determining that the student was not 21 year of age, the officer confiscated the alcohol.

THEFT
November 21, 10:05 a.m. (University Center): A student reported that their bike had been stolen. The student locked the bike up on the rack outside and, when they returned the next morning, the lock had been cut and the bike was gone.

November 10 – 16, 2014|
Information provided by Campus Safety

CRIMINAL MISCHIEF
November 12, 1 p.m. (Matthews Parking Lot): An employee called to report that their vehicle had been damaged while parked in the lot. The employee showed the officer the broken side view mirror as well as a couple of scrapes on the plastic.

November 16, 2:07 a.m. (Haseldorf Apartments): Campus Safety received an alarm triggered by a window screen. The officer found that one of the screens had been pried away from the window, bending its frame. A work order was submitted to replace the damaged screen.

EMERGENCY MEDICAL AID
November 13, 5:08 p.m. (12th and Mill streets): Campus Safety received a call that a student was struck by a vehicle as they were crossing 12th street on their way to Kaneko. WEMS and Campus Safety responded to the scene. Paramedics also responded. The student suffered no major injuries and the driver of the vehicle was arrested by Salem PD on a charge of DUI.

POSSESSION OF A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE
November 15, 10:38 p.m. (University Apartments): Campus Safety received a report of the smell of marijuana. Officers responded and spoke with residents of the room, who confirmed that they had been smoking marijuana. The students handed over the paraphernalia to the officer.

THEFT
November 10, 8:30 a.m. (Lee House): Campus Safety received a report that a set of golf cart batteries had been stolen from a campus golf cart. Information regarding this incident was forwarded to Salem PD as part of an ongoing investigation.

November 10, 2:30 p.m. (Eaton Hall): A student came into the office to report that their bike had been stolen. The student reported locking the bike up in front of the building and, when they came back after class, it was gone.

November 11, 8:30 p.m. (University Apartment Parking Lot): A student reported that their car had been broken into. The front passenger window was smashed and a purse was taken from inside.

November 13, 7:35 a.m. (University Apartment Parking Lot): Campus Safety received a report of a vehicle that had been broken into. The right front window had been smashed. The owner was contacted about the incident and later was able to itemize what had been taken from the vehicle.

November 13, 11:15 a.m. (Sparks Parking Lot): A student called to report that their vehicle had been broken into. The officer met with the student and observed that the left rear window had been smashed and items had been taken from inside.

November 13, 12:15 p.m. (University Apartment Parking Lot): Campus Safety received a report of a vehicle that had been broken into. The owner of the vehicle was contacted and met the officer at the scene. The right front window had been smashed and the owner’s wallet was stolen.

November 13, 12:20 p.m. (Winter Street): A student came into the office to report that their vehicle had been broken into. The right rear window had been smashed in, but nothing appeared to be missing from the vehicle.

November 13, 3:01 p.m. (University Apartment Parking Lot): Campus Safety received a report that a vehicle had been broken into. The front passenger window was smashed and some valuables were taken from the vehicle.

November 13 8:39 p.m. (Sparks Parking Lot): Campus Safety received a report that a vehicle had been broken into. An officer met with the reporting party and they showed the officer how their car had been ransacked. No signs of forced entry were observed on the vehicle.

November 3 – 9, 2014 |
Information provided by Campus Safety

EMERGENCY MEDICAL AID
November 4, 11:30 p.m. (In a Campus Residence): Campus Safety received a call concerning the welfare of a student. The caller reported that the student was hurting themselves and contemplating suicide. Officers made contact with the student and observed shallow cuts on the student’s arm. The On-Call Area Coordinator was contacted to speak with the student. After a short conversation, it was determined that the student was not an immediate danger to themselves and was left in the care of their friends.

November 6, 10:45 p.m. (In a Campus Residence): Campus Safety received a call concerning the welfare of a student. The caller reported that the student may need to go to the Hospital. The officer spoke with a friend concerning the student’s behavior and emotional state. After a brief conversation the student agreed to meet with Bishop the next day.

November 7, 12:00 p.m. (Sparks Field): Campus Safety received a call regarding a broken arm. A parent reported that their child had been playing soccer with a friend when they broke their arm. The student was quickly transported to ER by the parent for further medical attention.

November 8, 12:08 a.m. (In a Campus Residence): Campus Safety received a call regarding a student passed out in the hallway. WEMS and Campus Safety evaluated the student. The student was uncooperative and WEMS was unable to complete an evaluation, but it was clear that the student needed medical attention. Salem Fire Department was called. After a brief evaluation, it was determined that the student would need to be taken to the hospital.

November 8, 6:25 p.m. (Campus Safety): A visibly distressed student contacted an officer to discuss some of the problems they were having, including thoughts of harming others. The officer transported the student to the ER for further evaluation and the on-call coordinator was called to stay with the student in the waiting room.

FIRE
November 5, 9:45 a.m. (Executive Building): Campus Safety received a call regarding a fire that had started in one of Facilities’ office dryers, but it had been put out. Shortly after, on-call Maintenance workers arrived to fix the dryer and reported that the drum had been overloaded.

POSSESSION OF A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE
November 8, 10:31 p.m. (University Apartments): Campus Safety received a call regarding the smell of marijuana in the building. After a brief search, the officer located the origin of the smell and made contact with the room’s occupants. The officer confiscated the paraphernalia.

November 9, 1:53 a.m. (Matthews Parking Lot): Officers witnessed a visibly intoxicated student being assisted off the ground by another student. After ensuring that the student needed no further medical attention, the officer left the student in the care of their friend.

November 9, 2:45 a.m. (Belknap Hall): While on patrol, officers heard loud voices from outside the building. Officers made contact with the occupants of the room and discovered the presence of alcohol. After being asked multiple times, the students admitted to drinking and being under 21. The students turned over the remaining alcohol and apologized for their behavior.

POLICY VIOLATION
November 7, 4:00 p.m. (University Apartments Parking Lot): A student received their 11th parking citation, their fifth of the school year. A report was forwarded to the Office of Rights and Responsibilities.

THEFT
November 5, 10:30 a.m. (Kaneko Commons): A student reported that their bike had been stolen. The bike had been locked up near the beginning of the school year and when the student returned to check on the bike, it was gone.

November 6, 10:50 a.m. (Lausanne Hall): A student reported that their bike had been stolen. The bike had been locked up outside the previous day, and when the student returned the lock had been cut, and the bike was gone. The student was able to obtain the serial number of the bike and was encouraged to make a report with Salem police.

Oct. 27 – Nov. 2, 2014|
Information provided by Campus Safety

CRIMINAL MISCHIEF
October 27, 10:45 a.m. (Montag Center): An employee reported that there had been a party in one of the rooms in the Montag Loft. The officer observed multiple empty containers of alcohol in the trash can. The officer also noted that alcohol had been spilt on couches and tables throughout the room.
November 1, 2:21 a.m. (Goudy Commons): Campus Safety received a call regarding a possible break-in. The officer spoke with an employee who reported that some equipment had been tampered with. The employee reported that a couple of machines had been turned on and water had begun pooling around them. The employee stated that the devices had not been on a few hours prior, and that no one else should have been able to turn them on.

EMERGENCY MEDICAL AID
October 29, 8:41 p.m. (McCulloch Stadium): Campus Safety received a report that an injury had occurred on the field at McCulloch Stadium. An officer made contact with an injured person who stated that they had slipped and injured their knee, but did not want to go to the hospital. The officer helped them to their car.
October 29, 10:15 p.m. (McCulloch Stadium): A student called to report that an injury had occurred on the field at the stadium. The officer made contact with the student, who reported that they had twisted their knee during flag football. The student declined a ride to the ER and instead just wanted help to their car so they could contact a friend for a ride home.
October 31, (In a Campus Residence): Campus Safety received a call regarding an intoxicated student. WEMS and Campus Safety met on the scene. After a brief evaluation, WEMS determined that the student would require further medical attention; 911 was called and medics were dispatched. The student was transported to the ER by the Salem Fire Department.
November 1, (In a Campus Residence): Campus Safety received a call regarding an intoxicated student. WEMS and Campus Safety met on scene to evaluate the student and then called Salem Fire Department to evaluate the student further. After a brief evaluation, they determined that the student could be left in the care of himself.
November 2, (In a Campus Residence): Campus Safety received a call that a student had been injured. WEMS and Campus Safety arrived on scene to evaluate a student who had fallen down the stairs, injuring their shoulder and scraping their leg. The student was transported to the hospital by Campus Safety.

HARASSMENT
October 31, 11:27 p.m. (In a Campus Residence): A student came in to the office to report that a threatening note had been left on their door. The student told the officer who they believed wrote the note. The student reported that they didn’t feel that they were in danger, but that they wanted the incident documented.
November 1, 2:10 a.m. (In a Campus Residence): Campus Safety received a call that a fire extinguisher had been set off inside a residence. When the officer arrived on scene, they found that the extinguisher had been sprayed on the door of a student’s room. The officer made contact with the victim to find out what had occurred. The student reported that they have had ongoing issues with someone who was antagonizing them. This situation had been escalating and they felt unsafe in their room. The student was given a guest room for the remainder of the weekend.

POSSESSION OF A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE
November 2, 2:00 a.m. (Kaneko Commons): While on another call, the officer on duty was alerted to loud music coming from a residence. The officer made contact with the residents and observed multiple containers of alcohol inside the room. The student who opened the door stated that everyone inside was of legal drinking age. The officer took down everyone’s information and asked them to keep the music and noise down. When the officer returned to the office, they found that the student who had spoken to them had lied about being of legal drinking age.
October 31, 10:29 p.m. (Northwood Hall): Campus Safety received a complaint regarding the smell of marijuana. The officer located the origin of the smell. After knocking multiple times, the officer keyed in and found the room empty. Inside, the officer found a glass container containing marijuana. The paraphernalia was seized.

THEFT
October 27, 11:00 a.m. (Matthews Hall): Campus Safety received a report of some items missing from the Academic Center. The reporting party listed both a toaster and microwave that had been stolen.
October 27, 2:30 p.m. (University Center): A student came in to report that their bike had been stolen. The student reported locking the bike up in front of the Bike Shop for repairs and, when they returned a week later, the bike was gone.
October 30, 3:00 p.m. (Smullin Hall): A student came in to the office to report that their bike had been stolen. The student had locked the bike up before class, but when they returned their lock was cut and the bike was gone. The student was directed to also report the incident to the Salem Police Department.
November 1, 11:40 a.m. (Lee House): Campus Safety received a report regarding the theft of a golf cart battery. Officers spoke with an employee who had witnessed the incident. The employee reported seeing a suspicious vehicle pull up to the golf cart and quickly remove the battery, then put it in the trunk of their car. The license plate of the vehicle was recorded and Salem Police was contacted about the theft.

Oct. 20 – Oct. 25, 2014 |
Information provided by Campus Safety

CRIMINAL MISCHIEF
October 25, 8:01 a.m. (Brown Field): An officer observed large muddy tire tracks cutting across the field that were too narrow to be from a normal vehicle and must have come from a golf cart. While investigating the damage, a manager from Bon Appétit notified the officer that it was caused by one of their employees.

EMERGENCY MEDICAL AID
October 24, 11:59 p.m. (Off Campus): Campus Safety received a call that a student was feeling ill and wanted to see WEMS. WEMS agreed to see the student, and they were brought in to the office. After a brief evaluation, WEMS thought it best if the student went to the ER for further treatment. The student was transported to the ER by Campus Safety and WEMS personnel.

FIRE ALARM
October 24, 7:38 p.m. (Alpha Chi Omega): Campus Safety received a notification regarding a fire alarm at Alpha Chi Omega. The officer on duty responded to the scene to find that smoke from an outdoor fire pit had made its way in to the building from an open window, which had set off the alarm.

HARASSMENT
October 22, 2:00 p.m. (Telephone): A student reported that they had received a very disturbing text from a number they did not know. Later that evening, the student received yet another text, containing threats against them. The student was advised to promptly make a report with Salem Police Department.

MINOR IN POSSESSION
October 23, 10:16 p.m. (York House): Campus Safety received a report regarding a loud party coming from a residence room. Officers responded and made contact with the room’s occupants. Officers observed multiple alcoholic containers, as well as a total of 17 people in the room. After obtaining each occupant’s information, it was determined that many of those present were underage. The officers spoke with the residents of the room about occupancy and the presence of alcohol around minors.

POLICY VIOLATION
October 20, 9:00 a.m. (Sparks Parking Lot): A student received their 16th parking citation on campus, their seventh of the school year. A report was forwarded to the Office of Rights and Responsibilities.

PROPERTY DAMAGE
October 24, 5:31 p.m. (Gatke Hall): Campus Safety received a call that a window had been damaged in one of the offices of Gatke. A work order was placed to have the window fixed and the owner of the office was notified.

RACIAL INTIMIDATION
October 24, 4:10 p.m. (Kaneko Commons): A student came in to the office to report that a racial slur had been written on the back windshield of their vehicle and that they believed they were being targeted.

VEHICLE ACCIDENT
October 21, 2:00 p.m. (Off Campus): Campus Safety received a report that a Willamette van had been in an accident off campus. The student involved in the accident reported that they were attempting to make a left turn onto Mission Street when the van was struck on the side by another vehicle. No one was seriously injured, but both vehicles sustained significant damage.

October 23, 7:15 p.m. (Blue Parking Lot): A student reported that they had accidentally struck another vehicle with a Willamette van. The student was attempting to exit the lot when they hit the other vehicle.

Oct. 12 – Oct. 19, 2014 |
Information provided by Campus Safety

CRIMINAL MISCHIEF

October 18, 5:20 a.m. (Campus): While on patrol, an officer observed several instances of graffiti on academic buildings across campus. The officer noted that many of the tags had been done on glass windows and doors. A work order was placed to remove the graffiti from the locations.

EMERGENCY MEDICAL AID

October 13, 1:20 a.m. (Campus Safety Office): A student came in to the office asking to meet with someone from Bishop. The student reported injuring their head while riding on their long board. Because Bishop was not open at that time, the student was escorted to the ER for further evaluation.

October 16, 7:40 a.m. (Kaneko Commons): Campus Safety received a call that an employee had fallen and injured their ankle. Officers arrived and found the person lying down with their ankle at an unnatural angle. Paramedics were called and transported the employee to the ER.

October 18, (In a Campus Residence): A student called to report that they had hit their head and were worried about a concussion. WEMS and Campus Safety responded to the scene to evaluate the student. WEMS determined that no concussion had occurred and that the student did not require further
treatment.
October 18, (In a Campus Residence): Campus Safety received a call from a student asking to be transported to the ER. The student refused treatment from WEMS, stating that they just needed a ride because they believed their ankle was broken. The student was transported to the ER by Campus Safety.

POLICY VIOLATION

October 16, 11:55 p.m. (Matthews Hall): Campus Safety officers witnessed two students yelling at others to get off the roof. Using their flashlight, the officers were able to see roughly a dozen students fleeing from the roof into a Matthews residence. The officers made their way to that room and observed many students leaving the hallway. The officers questioned the students, and when the officers made contact with the occupants of the room, they denied all knowledge of anyone entering their room from the roof. After a conversation, the students admitted that they were lying, but were unwilling to give any information about the other students involved.

POSSESSION OF A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE

October 16, 11:35 p.m. (Matthews Hall): Campus Safety received a call regarding an intoxicated student. Officers arrived on scene and made contact with the student, who reported drinking an unknown quantity of alcohol, and said they had been vomiting. After a brief evaluation, the officers determined that the student did not need to go to the hospital.
October 18, 1:35 a.m. (Matthews Parking Lot): While on patrol, an officer witnessed someone smash a glass bottle on the ground. The officer made contact with an individual, who was quickly identified as a student. The student admitted to breaking the bottle on the ground and proceeded to pick up the pieces. The student admitted to drinking alcohol and being under 21 years of age.

October 19, 2:51 a.m. (Kaneko Commons): Campus Safety received a call regarding noise coming from residence. Officers attempted to make contact with the occupants. After multiple attempts, the officers keyed in to the room and met with the residents. Officers observed that there was alcohol in the room, as well as the smell of marijuana. While the officers were talking to the students, one of them began to feel very anxious, felt ill and ran to the bathroom. Officers continued the conversation with the two remaining students and found that only one of them was over 21. The student who was of age denied supplying any alcohol to the other two, and they also denied that any of them had been smoking marijuana. During the conversation, the third student began to shout at the officers and interrupt their conversation. The student continued to be aggressive and argumentative with the officers. After gathering all information, the officers evaluated the ill student and determined that they did not need further medical attention.

THEFT

October 12, 12:00 p.m. (Matthews Parking Lot): A student called to report that the front tire of their bike had been stolen. The bike had been locked up to the outdoor bike rack the night before. When the student returned the next day, the tire was gone.

October 13, 1:00 p.m. (Sparks Center): A student reported that their bike had been stolen. The bike had been locked to the bike rack while the student was inside Sparks. When the student returned an hour later, the bike was gone.

October 15, 7:24 p.m. (Law School): A student called to report that their jacket had been stolen. Their keys were inside their jacket. The student had left the jacket in the library while they went to class and, when they returned, it was gone.

October 18, 9:23 p.m. (Law School): A student reported that their rear bike tire had been stolen. The student locked the bike up in front of the Law school and, when they returned that evening, the tire was gone. The student reported that the bike had also been damaged.

October 7-12, 2014|
Information provided by Campus Safety
CRIMINAL MISCHIEF
October 11, 4:05 a.m. (Atkinson Annex): An officer discovered an emergency phone light lying on the ground. The light had been removed from its bracket and was found in the planter nearby. A work order was submitted to repair the light.
POLICY VIOLATION
October 7, 4:00 p.m. (Sparks Parking Lot): A student received their 21st parking citation, their third this school year. A report was forwarded to the Office of Rights and Responsibilities.
POSSESSION OF A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE
October 10, 9:13 p.m. (Lausanne Hall): Campus Safety received a report of the smell of marijuana. The officers arrived on scene and located the origin of the odor. After several attempts, the officers made contact with the residents of the room. After a brief conversation with the students, two containers with marijuana were handed over to the officers.
October 11, 2:57 a.m. (Haseldorf Apartments): Campus Safety received reports that someone was on the fire escape of the building. One report stated that they heard vomiting as well. The officers observed an individual hanging out of a window. The officers entered the building and encountered a strong smell of marijuana. The officers made contact with the residents, who admitted to smoking marijuana. One of the students also admitted to drinking earlier that night.
SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY
October 11, 2:15 p.m. (Matthews Hall): A student reported that someone had entered their room while they were sleeping. The student had gone back to their room to take a nap, and when they awoke, their roommate’s bed had been raised. The student reported that the bed was definitely much lower before they took their nap. The student stated that a work order had been placed to raise the bed, but no sign was put on the door, and the student was not woken while the work was being done. Campus Safety contacted the on-call maintenance manager in an attempt to locate who may have done the work.
SUSPICIOUS PERSON
October 7, 6:25 a.m. (Sparks Parking Lot): Campus Safety received a report of a suspicious male lying face down in the parking lot with his pants pulled down. The officer arrived on scene to speak with the individual. As soon as the officer made contact, the man got up and left campus. Later that morning, the officer received another report of a suspicious individual at TIUA. The officer arrived to find the same subject that was on campus earlier. Salem police were called, and the man was trespassed from campus.
THEFT
October 10, 2:00 p.m. (Matthews Hall): A student reported that the rear tire of their bike had been stolen. The student had left the bike locked up the previous evening. When they returned later that night, the bike tire was gone.

September 29-October 4, 2014|

Information provided by Campus Safety

CRIMINAL MISCHIEF

September 29, 7:28 a.m. (Mill Stream):  An officer discovered that the posts used to divert traffic from the south end of Doney were missing.  The officer later found that they had been placed upright in the Mill Stream near the north end of Goudy.

EMERGENCY MEDICAL AID

September 29, (In a Campus Residence): Campus Safety received a call that a student was experiencing severe pain. After a brief evaluation, the officer transported the student to the ER.

September 30, (In a Campus Residence): Campus Safety received a call that a student was not feeling well. The officer met with the student, who reported that several of their teammates were also feeling ill. After a brief evaluation, the student was transported to the ER for further treatment.

October 3, (In a Campus Residence):   Campus Safety received a call from Salem Police concerning the well-being of a student. They reported that a student had sent upsetting texts to a friend, who then called 911. Campus Safety met with police officers and made contact with the student at their room. The student answered their door and after a brief conversation, the officers learned that the student had consumed an unknown quantity of various pills.  An ambulance was called to transport the student to the ER.

POLICY VIOLATION

October 3, 11:00 p.m. (University Apartments): Campus Safety received a call regarding loud music coming from a residence.  The caller also reported that some sort of liquid was being poured out of the room’s window. Officers responded and attempted to make contact with the residents. Officers heard someone from inside call out “it’s campo” and then heard doors being slammed. Officers gained entry and told the students to turn the music down. The officers also asked why doors had been slammed and about the liquids being dumped out the window. The occupants of the room denied doing so.

SUSPICIOUS PERSON

October 4, 10:02 p.m. (Hatfield Fountain): Campus Safety received a call regarding a suspicious person following a student. Officer responded and attempted to locate the subject. Officers were able to locate the suspect, who was continuing to walk through campus, and asked if he had been following students. The suspect stated that he had not, but when asked a second time, he muttered that “she misinterpreted it.” After hearing this, officers trespassed the suspect from University property and escorted him off of campus.

THEFT

September 29, 4:30 p.m. (Lausanne Hall): A student report that their bike had been stolen from the basement of Lausanne. The bike had been left there over the summer and when the student returned to retrieve it, it was gone. Several days after reporting, the student found the bike in the bushes near Smullin Hall.

September 30, 6:53 p.m. (Bush Park):  A student called to report that their car had been broken in to and some items had been stolen. The student reported a backpack containing their laptop was taken, as well as their wallet. A friend of the student also had their ID card stolen from the vehicle. WITS was notified of the stolen laptop in an effort to track it.  Later that evening, WITS notified Campus Safety that the laptop had connected to the Internet near Hatfield Library and also connected in Sparks. The officer responded to the area, but was unable to locate anyone.

October 2, 2:33 p.m. (Ford Hall):  A student reported that their bike had been stolen.  The student had locked the bike up the night before and when they returned, the bike was gone and the cable lock had been cut.

VEHICLE ACCIDENT

October 2, 3:30 p.m. (Blue Parking Lot):  Campus Safety received a call that a Willamette Van had backed up in to another vehicle, and had taken off. Officers viewed the damage to the victim’s vehicle. The owner was notified of the minor damage sustained to their bumper.  Campus Safety also spoke with Maintenance to determine which group had the van that afternoon.

September 22-26, 2014|

Information provided by Campus Safety

CRIMINAL MISCHIEF

September 23, 11:25 a.m. (Sparks Parking Lot): A student reported that someone had attempted to break into their car. The officer went with the student to survey the damage to the car and found that the driver’s side lock had been pried to the point of breaking, but no entry to the vehicle had been made.

EMERGENCY MEDICAL AID

September 22, (Off Campus): Campus Safety received a call regarding the wellbeing of a student. The student stated that they were having problems and requested help. The officer drove to the student’s house and transported them to the ER for further medical attention.

September 23, (In a Campus Residence):  A student called to report that they had cut their hand. The student requested transportation to the ER because they had lost a lot of blood and they were feeling light-headed. The officer on duty met with the student and transported them to the ER.

September 26, (In a Campus Residence): Campus Safety received a report that a student had broken a window and cut open their hand. The officer spoke with the injured student, who was attempting to close the lounge door when their hand slipped through one of the glass panes. The student stated that they didn’t need any further medical attention. Facilities Services was called to clean up the area.

September 26, (In a Campus Residence): Campus Safety received a call that a student was highly intoxicated and had passed out. The officer arrived to evaluate the student and was unable to wake them. The officer called 911 and paramedics arrived to evaluate the student. The student refused any further service and the paramedics determined that the student was well enough to take care of themselves.

POLICY VIOLATION

September 25, 3:00 p.m. (Sparks Parking Lot): A student received their 12th parking citation, their third this semester.  A report was forwarded to the Office of Rights and Responsibilities.

September 26, 10:57 a.m. (University Center): Campus Safety received reports that a student was hanging over the second floor balcony of the University Center.  When the officers arrived, the student was standing on the outside of the railing, holding on with only one hand and swinging back and forth.  Upon seeing the officers, the student immediately hopped back over the railing and went inside the building.  The student questioned the officer’s directive, refusing to believe that the officers could stop the student. Throughout the conversation, the student continued to ask what authority they had to stop them. A short while later, one of the officers passed by the same student who began yelling at the officer and harassing her.

SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY

September 26, 10:28 a.m. (Online):  A student came in to the office to report that they were being harassed online. The student stated that they were conducting a study for their class, and was using Twitter to send out a survey.  Shortly after setting this up, the student received a large number of threats on their life. Later that day, the student received a threatening email, suggesting that the survey data was going to be tampered with.

THEFT

September 22, 1:54 p.m. (Belknap Hall): A student came in to report that a bike tire had been stolen from their bike. The student reported seeing the bike intact that morning, but when they returned that afternoon, the tire was gone.

September 23, 3:00 p.m. (Southwood Hall): A student came in to report that their bike had been stolen during the past weekend. The bike had been locked up outside near Montag with a cable lock.  When the student returned to use the bike, the lock had been cut and the bike was gone

September 15-21, 2014

Information provided by Campus Safety

ACCIDENT

September 17, 5:45 p.m. (Willamette River): Campus Safety received a call from the Crew team who were practicing on the river. During practice, they hit a gravel bar. They were unable to re-launch their boat into the water due to the current.  Both boats were pulled up onto a sandbar in the middle of the river and 911 was called to retrieve the students and coach from the river.

CRIMINAL MISCHIEF

September 17, 2:15 p.m. (York House):  Campus Safety received a report that the York pingpong table was damaged.  The officer observed that one side of the table had been broken and was no longer usable.  A work order was placed to remove the table.

September 19, 3:20 p.m. (Lausanne Hall): Campus Safety received a report that some trash and personal items had been thrown outside of a room and onto the ground outside. Officers took pictures of the evidence.  A work order was placed to clean up the trash and other items.

EMERGENCY MEDICAL AID

September 17 (In a Campus Residence):  Campus Safety received a call regarding the wellbeing of a student. Officers arrived on the scene to speak with the student. The student stated that they were having difficulties and requested help, but were unsure if their insurance would cover it. After checking with the student’s insurance company, the student was transported to the ER for further medical attention.

September 19, (In an Academic Building): Campus Safety received a call that a student was having vision problems and requested that they be taken to the ER.  The officer arrived on scene and the student reported that they had blurred vision and a temporary blind spot in one eye.  The student was transported to the ER by Campus Safety.

September 20, (In a Campus Residence):   Campus Safety received a call that a student was intoxicated and unresponsive.  Officers found the student sleeping on their bed. After a brief evaluation, officers called 911 for paramedics to evaluate the student. They arrived and determined that the student needed further medical attention. The student was transported to Salem Hospital.

MINOR IN POSSESSION

September 19, 10:25 p.m. (University Apartments Parking Lot):  While in route to another call, Campus Safety officers witnessed a student placing something underneath a car before quickly trying to leave the area. The officers caught up to the student and began questioning their actions. The student initially gave the officers a false name and denied all knowledge of trying to hide something underneath a car. The officers smelled alcohol. Once confronted about lying, the student gave his real name and told the officers about the beer cans that he put under the car.

September 8-11, 2014

Information provided by Campus Safety

CRIMINAL MISCHIEF

September 8, 8:55 a.m. (Doney Hall):  Campus Safety received a call about a vandalized toilet. The officer responded and observed a toilet that had been stuffed with paper towels so that it could not be flushed properly.

EMERGENCY MEDICAL AID

September 11, 7:07 p.m. (Goudy Commons): Campus Safety received a call stating that a student was having an allergic reaction to some food and required emergency assistance. Salem Fire Department was called and the officers were dispatched to the scene. It was determined that the student required further attention and was taken to the ER by the ambulance.

POSSESSION OF A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE

September 8, 12:03 a.m. (York House):  Campus Safety received a call regarding the smell of marijuana coming from a residence room. The officer located the origin of the smell and made contact with the owner of the room. Upon entering the room, the officer observed a pipe on the windowsill as well as a glass jar with marijuana inside. After a brief conversation, the student gave the paraphernalia to the officer.

September 9, 11:00 p.m. (University Apartments): Campus Safety received a call regarding the smell of marijuana coming from a room. The officer attempted to make contact with the resident, but the resident tried to leave the room, slamming the door behind them. The student then tried to push pass the officer, in an attempt to leave the building. When the officer tried to stop him and asked for their ID, the student became aggressive and refused to give over their ID. After a brief conversation, the officer entered the room with the student, which smelled strongly of marijuana. The student denied smoking and stated that someone else had been smoking.

September 11, 2:06 p.m. (Haseldorf Apartments): Campus Safety received a report concerning the welfare of a student. The reporting party stated that the student was acting very strangely while on their way to class. When asked if they were OK, the student reported that they were “high on meth.” After taking the witness’ information, the officer went to the room of the student to conduct a welfare check. After knocking repeatedly, the officer entered the room and observed multiple candles as well as a pipe next to a small bag containing a white substance.  The student was located and reported that they were high on meth, and that the bag of white substance was meth as well.  The student was transported to the ER for evaluation. Salem Police was contacted and an officer arrived to confiscate the evidence.

THEFT

September 8, 3:51 p.m. (Matthews Hall):  A student came in to the office to report that their bike had been stolen. The owner reported that they had locked their bike up overnight and when they returned the next day, the bike was gone and the lock had been cut.

September 9, 10:30 a.m. (Matthews Hall): A student came in to the office to report that their bike had been stolen.  The student reported seeing the bike all through the last week, but the bike was missing that morning.

September 9, 5:59 p.m. (Matthews Hall):   A student came in to the office to report that their bike had been stolen. The student reported leaving the bike attached to the rail and, when they came back out a few minutes later, the bike was gone.

SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY

September 19, 9:50 p.m. (Sparks Parking Lot): Campus Safety received a report that a group of students were drinking and breaking bottles in the Sparks parking lot. The caller reported seeing several vehicles drive up and numerous people get out and start drinking. The officers arrived on scene and the caller pointed out a group thatwas leaving the area.  The students reported that the group consisted of current students as well as alumni and provided names of the known people.  The students were unsure of who had broken the bottles.

THEFT

September 15, 11:40 a.m. (Pi Beta Phi):  A student came into the office to report that their bike had been stolen. The student had locked the bike up in front of their house, and when they returned the next morning, the bike was gone.

September 15, 3:35 p.m. (University Center):  A student reported that their wallet had been stolen. The student reported forgetting the wallet in the Bistro the previous week.  Since that time, their debit card had been used to make a purchase.  The student has since cancelled their bank cards.

September 16, 10:25 a.m. (Kaneko Commons):  A student came in to the office to report that their bike had been stolen. The bike had been locked up on the bike rack outside with a cable lock. When the student came back the next day, the lock had been cut and the bike was gone.

September 16, 12:35 p.m. (Off Campus):  An employee called to report that their Willamette laptop had been stolen from their vehicle. The employee was unsure where the theft had occurred, but there was no sign of forced entry on their vehicle.

September 16, 4:00 p.m. (Downtown Salem):   A student came in to the office to report that their car had been broken into while downtown. A number of things were stolen from the vehicle, including the student’s ID card and keys. Shortly before the report, Campus Safety received a call from an off-campus individual, stating that they had found the student’s ID card. The student was advised to file a report with Salem Police Department.  The next day, the student’s card was turned in to a Willamette employee by an unknown person.

September 18, 11:30 a.m. (Sparks Field): A student came in to the office to report that their bike had been stolen. They had locked the bike up with a cable lock and when they returned the next morning, the bike lock had been cut, and the bike was gone.