Intramurals Weekly

Apr 21st, 2018 | By | Category: 2017-2018, Sports

By Dru Draper

You can count on some great intramural volleyball and soccer as much as you can count on James Harden not playing defense in the playoffs.

This is the final week of regular season intramurals for the year. Thank you for all your participation and competitiveness. From all of us here at the intramural department, we would like to say thank you. It’s been a great year.

Don’t forget though: we have our end of the year dodgeball tournament on the last day of classes, April 30. It is going to start at 4:30 p.m. on Brown Field. Make sure to sign your team up before the April 29 on IMLeagues.com. It’s free, so take a little break have some fun. Make awesome costumes/uniforms, do your hair in a crazy way or do whatever would make the games more fun!

In other news, in the coed beginner league the Belknap Babes have been dominating. They are 4-0 and show no signs of slowing down. Also, ‘Set me outside how ‘bout dat’ has been rolling through the coed competitive volleyball league. At 6-0, they have won every match two games to 0 all but twice. These teams will be a force to be reckoned with come playoffs.

Finally, we want to recognize our new staff members that will be joining the supervisors for the remainder of this year and next: Jack Denzel, Lacey Jones, Madeline Hooker and Kristen Barclay. They will be working to make intramurals even better next year!

dcdraper@willamette.edu