Intramurals Weekly

Apr 20th, 2017 | By | Category: 2016-2017, Sports

By Ibraheem Hafuda & Rachel Rischer
Staff Writers

Congratulations to Beer Kegs and Nut Megs for winning the competitive indoor soccer league this year! This past week we saw intense matchups throughout the playoffs, leading to a nail-biting championship game. Japonification, Beer Kegs and Nutmegs faced off last Thursday, with a large and enthusiastic crowd accompanying Japonification. Beer Kegs and Nutmegs were the underdogs of the matchup sitting in the fifth seed heading into playoffs while Japonification, on the other hand, occupied the first seed. Dealing with injuries and absences, the underdogs came out and played with a lot of heart, had their best showing of the season, and managed to edge out the opponent 5-4. Thank you to all the teams that showed up and played hard the last few weeks.

Grass volleyball leagues are coming to an end this week. The champions for the beginner’s league will be determined on Wednesday whereas the competitive league finalists will battle for the champion shirts on Thursday. Good luck to everyone who qualified for playoffs and may the best team win!

Sign-ups for the 6v6 dodgeball tournament were opened this past Monday and close on Wednesday April 26. This FREE tournament will take place from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. on May 1 to celebrate the end of this semester’s classes. #doitfortheshirt #dontretireplayintramurals

irhafuda@willamette.edu
rafischer@willamette.edu