Intramurals Weekly

Apr 27th, 2017 | By | Category: 2016-2017, Sports

By Ibraheem Hafuda & Rachel Fischer
Staff Writers

Jenny from the BLOCK took the competitive grass volleyball championship win last Thursday, while I’d Hit That won the beginner’s league last Wednesday.

I’d Hit That entered the playoffs in the second seed and faced off against the first seed team in the championship game. They showed up to play and beat MBAce, the first seed and expected winners, 2 sets to 0.

Jenny from the BLOCK headed into the playoffs as the eighth seed, barely qualifying. They climbed the ranks as they made their way through playoffs. Working their way to the championship game, they faced off with We Always Get It Up, who were the third seed entering the playoffs. The championship game was one of the most competitive ones we’ve seen this year. Jenny from the BLOCK edged out the opponent 2-1. They took the first set 21-19, their opponents took the second set 23-21, but Jenny from the BLOCK came back and won the last set 23-21, taking the victory.

This week we wrap up the badminton mini-league. There are no playoffs for this league, so the teams that have the highest ranking from each league will win the t-shirts. Next Monday the last intramural event of the year, the dodgeball tournament, will take place on Brown Field at 4:30 p.m. #doitfortheshirt #dontretireplayintramurals

irhafuda@willamette.edu

rafischer@willamette.edu