Home2018-2019Weekly Report by Campus Safety

Weekly Report by Campus Safety

Suspicious Activity

March 31, 10:09 p.m. (Botanical Gardens): While on patrol, an officer noticed a suspicious individual in the area. The individual became aggressive towards the officer and was escorted off campus.

April 3, 8:43 p.m. (Kaneko Commons): Campus Safety received a call reporting suspicious individuals in the area. Officers responded and found an individual who was then escorted from campus.

April 3, 2:00 p.m. (Law School): Campus Safety received a call reporting a suspicious individual acting strangely. An officer responded and searched the surrounding areas. The individual was located and escorted off campus.

April 3, 9:10 p.m. (Jackson Plaza): Campus Safety received a call reporting suspicious individuals smoking on the Plaza. Officers responded and the individuals left campus.

Fire Alarm

April 3, 10:31 p.m. (University Apartments): Campus Safety received a call reporting the smell of natural gas. Campus Safety officers and Salem Fire responded and evacuated the building. The leak could not be immediately located, so the gas for the building was shut off until repairs could be made.

Emergency Medical Aid

April 4, 1:07 p.m. (Bishop Wellness): Campus Safety received a call requesting transport for a student to the hospital. An officer responded and transported the student.

Possession of Controlled Substance

April 4, 10:12 p.m. (Kaneko Commons): Campus Safety received a call requesting to pick up paraphernalia. An officer responded and picked up the items and a report was filed.

Theft

April 4, 1:00 p.m. (Baxter Hall): Campus Safety was contacted after a student discovered their bike had been stolen. An officer responded and a report was filed.

*PLEASE CONTACT CAMPUS SAFETY IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION REGARDING THESE INCIDENTS.