Home2018-2019Weekly Report by Campus Safety

Weekly Report by Campus Safety

Emergency Medical Aid

Nov. 8, 2:11 a.m. (Olin Science): Campus Safety received a report of a student having a medical issue. Officers responded to check on the student and requested to have the Salem Fire Department also respond. Medics responded and evaluated the student.

Policy Violation

Nov. 4, 1:05 a.m. (Art Building): While on patrol, an officer heard voices coming from the building. After searching the area, the officer located students on the roof of the building. The officer contacted the students and explained the repercussions associated with being on the roof and also had them leave the area.

Possession of a Controlled Substance

Nov. 7, 6:28 p.m. (Kaneko Commons): Campus Safety received a call reporting the smell of marijuana. An officer responded and met with the residents of the room. Marijuana and paraphernalia were confiscated and logged into evidence. The students were also reminded about the University’s no smoking policy.

Suspicious Activity

Nov. 2, 10:10 a.m. (Olin Science): Campus safety received a call of a suspicious individual with a boot on his right foot walking near Olin. Officers responded and followed the suspect until they exited off campus property.

Nov. 2, 11:43 p.m. (botanical gardens): A student reported a suspicious individual who was saying he was suicidal. Officers checked the surrounding areas for the individual who had since left the area.

Nov. 3, 12:23 a.m. (Law School): Campus Safety received a call reporting a suspicious individual trying to access the Law School. Officers searched the area, but could not locate the individual.

Nov. 5, 12:52 p.m. (Matthews parking lot): Salem Police called Campus Safety about a vehicle that was illegally parked on Matthews lot and the suspicious individual fled on foot. Officers responded to the abandoned vehicle and had it towed. Salem Police called to update that the suspicious individual had been arrested.

Nov. 6, 5:08 p.m. (Matthews parking lot): A suspicious vehicle was parked near the handicap spots and dumpsters in the Matthews Lot. Officers reported that the vehicle left the premises after they arrived at the location.

November 7, 2018 7:04 a.m. (Mudd Building): Campus Safety received a call about two suspicious individuals who were sleeping on the patio of the Mudd Building. Officers responded and the two individuals were told to leave the premises.

Nov. 7, 9:00 a.m. (University Apartments): Campus Safety received a call that several individuals were going through the dumpsters. Officers responded and reported that the individuals had left the premises.

Nov. 8, 5:22 p.m. (tennis courts): Campus Safety received a call stating that there was a suspicious individual sleeping on the southside of the tennis courts. Officers followed the suspicious individual and assured that they left campus.

Theft

Nov. 5, 2:30 p.m. (Matthews parking lot): A student contacted Campus Safety to report that someone had broken into their vehicle and stole items. An officer responded and a report was filed. The student was also encouraged to call Salem Police to report the theft.

Nov. 7, 12:06 p.m. (Atkinson Annex): An employee contacted Campus Safety to report that their bike tires and seat were stolen from a bike rack on their vehicle. An officer responded and a report was filed.

*PLEASE CONTACT CAMPUS SAFETY IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION REGARDING THESE INCIDENTS.