Home2018-2019Weekly Report by Campus Safety

Weekly Report by Campus Safety

Possession of Controlled Substance

April 20, 11:06 p.m. (Kaneko Commons): Campus Safety received a call from staff requesting pick up of found paraphernalia. An officer responded and the items were retrieved.

Suspicious Activity

April 19, 11:36 a.m. (University Apartments): Campus Safety received a call that an individual was rummaging through the dumpsters looking for bottles. When the officer arrived, they did not see anyone in the area, but reported an individual walking on Winter Street.

April 19, 12:22 p.m. (Atkinson GSM): Campus Safety received a call reporting a suspicious individual entering the Mudd Building, taking a magazine and leaving. An officer searched the area.

April 19, 1:05 p.m. (Kaneko Commons): Campus Safety received a call from a student reporting that the padlock on the west gate of Kaneko had been cut off. An officer responded to secure the gate and a work order was submitted.

April 19, 11:08 p.m. (Skybridge): Campus Safety received a call that a homeless individual was sleeping near the Skybridge and Sparks Field. An officer responded and Salem Police was called to provide a welfare check for the individual.

April 20, 12:02 a.m. (Winter Street): Campus Safety received a call that an individual was walking along Winter Street shouting and talking to themselves. An officer responded, but the individual could not be located.

April 20, 8:10 p.m. (University Apartments): Campus Safety received a call about a suspicious individual who was walking in front of the apartments and jumped into the bushes. An officer responded and assured that the individual left campus property.

April 22, 2:58 p.m. (softball field): Campus Safety received a call that a suspicious individual in an RV was yelling derogatory language at a group of students. The caller also reported that the individual almost hit them with their vehicle. Caller reported that the incident happened earlier in the day, but wanted to make Campus Safety aware.

April 22, 6:21 p.m. (Winter Street): Salem Hospital contacted Campus Safety because they just released an individual from the hospital who was likely under the influence and they were walking toward campus. An officer responded and Salem Police was called. Salem Police released the individual who then returned to the hospital.

April 23, 12:13 p.m. (Matthews parking lot): Campus Safety received a call that a suspicious person on a bike was riding around in the Matthews parking lot. The caller believed the individual could be the person who broke into a vehicle earlier in the week. An officer responded, but the individual had already left the area.

April 24, 1:56 p.m. (Matthews parking lot): Campus Safety received a call that the same suspicious individual from earlier in the week was on a bike going around the Matthews parking lot. An officer responded, but the individual had already left the area.

April 24, 4:14 p.m. (Jackson Plaza): Campus Safety was notified that a suspicious individual was soliciting students on Jackson Plaza. An officer responded and reported that the individual was leaving campus, but seemed agitated and made various gestures at the officer when leaving.

April 24, 4:27 p.m. (Law School): Campus Safety received multiple calls about a suspicious individual walking between the Mudd building and the Law School. The callers reported that the individual appeared to need medical assistance. An officer responded, but was not able to locate the individual.

April 25, 8:14 p.m. (on campus): Campus Safety received multiple calls stating that a group of kids reported being chased by someone with a gun. Officers responded and Salem Police was called, but no one was found with a gun.

Emergency Medical Aid

April 20, 6:29 p.m. (in a campus residence): Campus Safety received a call requesting medical assistance for a student. Campus Safety and WEMS responded. Student declined transport to the ER.

April 23, 2:30 p.m. (in a campus residence): Campus Safety received a call requesting medical assistance for a student. Paramedics were called and the student was transported to the ER.

Theft

April 22, 6:55 a.m. (Matthews parking lot): Campus Safety received a call about a car alarm going off in the Matthews parking lot. An officer responded and found that a vehicle had been broken into, but did not see anyone in the area. The owner was contacted.

*PLEASE CONTACT CAMPUS SAFETY IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION REGARDING THESE INCIDENTS.