HomeCampus SafetyWeekly Report by Campus Safety

Weekly Report by Campus Safety

Emergency Medical Aid

Oct. 19, 12:21 a.m. (in a campus residence): Campus Safety received a call to assist with an intoxicated student who was acting very erratically. An officer and WEMS responded and evaluated the student. Paramedics were called and Salem Police responded with the paramedics because of the erratic behavior of the student. The student was transported to the hospital by Salem Police after attempting to flee the scene when officers arrived. 

Oct. 20, 12:58 a.m. (in a campus residence): Campus Safety was contacted after a student noticed another student having difficulty walking. An officer responded, evaluated the student and then called paramedics. The student was unable to walk and was transported to the hospital by paramedics.

Oct. 23, 9:09 a.m. (Law School): Campus Safety received a call reporting an individual had fallen and was having difficulty moving. Officers and paramedics responded and the individual was transported to the hospital.

Harassment

Oct. 20, 10:00 p.m. (in a campus residence): Campus Safety received a call from a student who had received some threatening text messages from a non-student. The officer advised the student to contact Campus Safety if they are contacted again, and that they should also report the text messages to Salem Police. 

Suspicious Activity

Oct. 18, 2:21 p.m. (Cottage Street): Salem Police dispatch contacted Campus Safety to advise of a burglary suspect in the area last seen near campus. Officers were informed and they observed the individual near Court and Cottage streets. They contacted Salem Police and updated them with the location of the suspect. 

Oct. 20, 10:46 a.m. (Sparks Center): Campus Safety received a call from Facilities reporting an individual digging through the garbage cans. An officer responded and met with the individual who then left campus. 

Oct. 21, 7:20 p.m. (University Center): Campus Safety received a call reporting kids on bikes jumping the stairs in front of the UC. Officers responded and told the bicyclists  to leave campus. 

Oct. 21, 7:13 p.m. (Hatfield Library): Campus Safety received a call reporting an intoxicated individual making students feel uncomfortable. An officer responded and escorted the individual off campus. 

Oct. 22, 2:34 p.m. (Belknap Hall): Campus Safety received a call reporting a suspicious individual trying to enter the building. Officers responded, made contact with the individual and escorted them off campus.

Oct. 22, 4:26 p.m. (Art Building): While on patrol, an officer encountered a box with various suspicious items inside. The items were logged in to evidence. 

Oct. 23, 4:18 p.m. (Blue parking lot): Campus Safety was contacted after an employee noticed a suspicious individual near the Mill Race. An officer responded and searched the area, but the individual had already left. 

Theft 

Oct. 21,12:30 p.m. (Sparks parking lot): A student came to the Campus Safety office to report that their car had been rummaged through and items were missing. A report was filed. 

Welfare Check

Oct. 20, 10:48 p.m. (in a campus residence): Campus Safety received a call requesting a welfare check for a student. Officers responded and checked on the student. The area coordinator was also informed and updated. 

Oct. 22, 10:58 a.m. (in a campus residence): Campus Safety received a call from a parent requesting a welfare check on a student. An officer responded, checked on the student and passed along a message to contact their family. 

Oct. 22, 6:27 p.m. (in a campus residence): Campus Safety received a call requesting a welfare check for a student who had hit their head and had not heard from them for some time. An officer responded and checked on the student who needed no further assistance.

Oct. 22, 10:05 p.m. (in a campus residence): Campus Safety received a call requesting a welfare check for a student. An officer responded and checked on the student.