Home2019-2020Weekly Report by Campus Safety

Weekly Report by Campus Safety

Criminal Mischief 

Oct. 29, 1:22 a.m. (Collins Science): Campus Safety received a call reporting someone had broken into the feminine products machine on the second floor of the women’s restroom. An officer responded and a report was filed. A work order was submitted to have the machine repaired.

Emergency Medical Aid

Oct. 25, 8:40 p.m. (Smith Fine Arts): Campus Safety was notified that an individual attending a performance was unconscious. An officer and WEMS responded. WEMS evaluated the individual and the individual refused additional medical attention. 

Oct. 25, 5:33 p.m. (in a campus residence): Campus Safety received a call requesting medical assistance for a student who had cut their foot. An officer and WEMS responded. WEMS evaluated the student and the student was transported to the hospital. 

Oct. 27, 4:02 p.m. (Hatfield Fountain): Campus Safety received a call regarding an injured finger. WEMS responded and evaluated the student. 

Oct. 28, 9:53 p.m. (UAP parking lot): While on patrol, an officer noticed a suspicious individual covered in a blanket. The officer made contact with the individual who seemed like they were attempting to get to the hospital but kept passing out. Paramedics were contacted to transport the individual to the hospital. 

Oct. 30, 12:04 (Law School): Campus Safety received a call from Salem Fire reporting an individual requesting medical attention. An officer responded and met with the paramedics who were already on site. The individual was transported to the hospital. 

Possession of a Controlled Substance

Oct. 29, 3:17 p.m. (in a campus residence): While on patrol, an officer noticed the smell of marijuana coming from a room. The officer made contact with the student inside and confiscated cannabis and paraphernalia. A report was filed.

Suspicious Activity

Oct. 25, 4:51 p.m. (Law School): Campus Safety received a call reporting a suspicious individual walking around in circles outside the building. An officer responded and met with the individual. They left campus shortly after.

Oct. 25, 5:09 p.m. (Hatfield Library): Campus Safety received a call requesting to have someone removed from the library because of issues they have with them in the past and remaining past public hours. An officer responded, met with the individual and they left campus.

Oct. 27, 10:18 a.m. (Rogers Music Center): Campus Safety received a call reporting a suspicious individual crouching in the bushes. An officer responded and the individual left campus. 

Oct. 29, 12:30 a.m. (Sparks Center): Campus Safety was contacted by Facilities to report a suspicious intoxicated individual harassing contracted custodial employees. An officer responded and searched the surrounding areas, but was unable to locate the individual. 

Oct. 29, 1:28 a.m. (Southwood Hall): While on patrol, an officer noticed a suspicious individual digging through the dumpsters. An officer responded and the individual left campus.

Oct. 30, 11:55 p.m. (Goudy Commons): Campus Safety received a report of a suspicious individual playing loud music behind the building. An officer responded and followed the individual until they were off campus. 

Oct. 30, 3:09 p.m. (Museum of Art): Campus Safety received a report of a suspicious individual with multiple bags entering the building. Officers responded and the individual was escorted out of the building. 

Trespass

Oct. 28, 4:27 p.m. (Law Library): Campus Safety received a call requesting to have an individual removed from the library. An officer responded and met with the individual who then became verbally aggressive. The individual was formally trespassed from the University.