HomeCampus SafetyWeekly Report by Campus Safety

Weekly Report by Campus Safety

Criminal Mischief 

Nov. 4, 6:13 p.m. (WISH): Campus Safety received a report of an individual’s items being vandalized. An officer responded and met with the student. A report was filed. 

Emergency Medical Aid

Nov. 7, 7:20 p.m. (in a campus residence): Campus Safety was contacted after a student had injured their wrist. An officer and WEMS responded and the student was transported to Urgent Care. 

Harassment

Nov. 1, 6:47 p.m. (Goudy Commons): Campus Safety received a call reporting a student getting harassed by another individual. Officers responded and met with both parties. A report was filed. 

Suspicious Activity

Nov. 6, 2:29 a.m. (Lee House): Campus Safety received a call from a student reporting a suspicious individual looking inside their window. Officers responded and met with the individual. Salem Police was contacted and assisted with removing the individual from campus. The individual was formally trespassed from campus.  

Nov. 3, 5:14 p.m. (Goudy Commons): Campus Safety was contacted by Bon Appetit staff after noticing a suspicious individual who appeared to be intoxicated. An officer responded and searched the surrounding areas, but the individual had already left.  

Nov. 4, 3:50 p.m. (Art Building): Campus Safety received a call reporting a sleeping bag and trash in the area. An officer responded and encountered an individual sleeping underneath the items. The individual packed up their belongings and left campus after speaking with the officer.  

Nov. 5, 8:00 a.m. (Winter Street): Campus Safety was contacted by Salem Hospital security and said that they had removed an individual from their campus and they were heading towards the University. An officer responded and was able to monitor the individual as they passed through campus.

Nov. 5, 11:41 a.m. (Goudy Commons): Campus Safety was contacted by Bon Appetit staff after they found a bag of pills. An officer responded and met with the staff member. Item was disposed of.  

Nov. 5, 11:36 p.m. (Doney Hall): Campus Safety was contacted by Facilities after they encountered an individual sleeping in the alley. An officer responded and met with the individual who then left campus. 

Nov. 6, 12:26 p.m. (Kaneko Commons): Campus Safety received a call reporting a suspicious individual in the building. An officer responded and searched the building and surrounding areas, but was unable to locate the individual.  

Nov. 7, 10:14 a.m. (Olin Science): Campus Safety received a call reporting a suspicious individual in the building. Officers responded and removed the individual from the building.   

Theft

Nov. 3, 6:13 p.m. (WISH): Campus Safety received a call regarding the theft of food from the community kitchen. An officer responded and a report was filed. 

Nov. 5, 10:43 p.m. (Ford Hall): Campus Safety received a call regarding a stolen bicycle wheel. An officer responded and met with the victim and offered to transport them home. A report was filed. 

Nov. 6, 10:00 a.m. (Law School): A student stopped by the Campus Safety office to report a theft that occurred while they were using the restroom. A report was filed. 

Trespass

Nov. 6, 12:22 a.m. (Kaneko Commons): While on patrol, an officer received information of a suspicious individual acting strangely. Officers responded and met with the individual who was deemed to be under the influence. Salem Police was contacted to assist with getting the individual home, and they trespassed the individual from campus. 

Welfare Check

Nov. 1, 10:22 p.m. (Kaneko Commons): Campus Safety was notified of students trapped in the elevator. Officers and Salem Fire responded. The fire department was able to remove the students via the elevator roof. The elevator company was contacted to have the elevator repaired. 

Nov. 4, 12:18 p.m. (in a campus residence): Campus Safety received a call requesting a welfare check on a student on behalf of a parent. An officer responded and checked with the student. The on-call area coordinator was also contacted to assist.

PLEASE CONTACT CAMPUS SAFETY IF YOU HAVE ANY 

INFORMATION 

REGARDING THESE INCIDENTS.

(503) 370-6911