HomeCampus SafetyWeekly Report by Campus Safety

Weekly Report by Campus Safety

Criminal Mischief

Nov. 13, 9:57 p.m. (Sparks parking lot): Campus Safety received a call reporting that their vehicle had been broken into. An officer responded and met with the student. A report was filed.

Emergency Medical Aid

Nov. 8, 7:20 p.m. (in a campus residence): Campus Safety was contacted after a student had been bitten by a spider. An officer responded and the student was transported to the ER.

Harassment

Nov. 12, 9:01 a.m. (in a campus residence): Campus Safety received a call reporting a student being harassed by another individual. A report was filed. 

Suspicious Activity

Nov. 8, 3:10 p.m. (University Apartments parking lot): Campus Safety received a call reporting a suspicious individual sleeping in the grass. An officer responded, met with the individual and assured that they left campus. 

Nov. 8, 11:45 p.m. (University Apartments parking  lot): Campus Safety received a call from a student who reported that they were being chased by a possibly intoxicated individual. Officers responded and searched the surrounding areas, but the individual could not be located. 

Nov. 10, 8:18 a.m. (Waller Hall): While on patrol, an officer noticed a suspicious bag with a can of alcohol nearby, but no one around. The officers checked the building and ensured no one was in the building. The items were confiscated and disposed of. 

Nov. 10, 10:06 p.m. (Smith Fine Arts): While on patrol, an officer encountered an individual digging through the trash. The officer met with the individual and assured that they left campus. 

Nov. 11, 3:58 a.m. (University Center): While on patrol, an officer noticed a suspicious individual with a headlamp looking at the locked bikes on the rack. Officers responded and met with the individual and assured that they left campus. 

Nov. 12, 2:04 p.m. (Lausanne Hall): Campus Safety received a call reporting a suspicious individual who was screaming. An officer responded and searched the surrounding areas and buildings, but the individual had already left campus.

Nov. 12, 5:23 p.m. (Goudy Commons): Campus Safety received a call from Bon Appetit staff reporting a suspicious individual in their lobby asking about free meals. An officer responded and observed the individual leaving the building. The officer met with the individual near the University Apartments and assured that they left campus. 

Nov. 13, 10:39 a.m. (Lee House): While on patrol, an officer noticed a suspicious individual passing through campus with a wagon full of items. The officer maintained a visual on the individual until they left campus. 

Nov. 13, 10:20 p.m. (University Center): Campus Safety noticed a suspicious individual on a bike with a cart in the area. An officer responded and found the individual digging through the dumpsters. The officer met with the individual and escorted them off campus.

Nov. 14, 4:09 p.m. (Matthews Hall): Campus Safety received calls reporting a suspicious individual in the building. Officers and the area coordinator responded and located the individual who then left campus. 

Nov. 14, 5:42 p.m. (Baxter Hall): Campus Safety received a call from a student who was approached by two suspicious individuals asking questions to the point  that they became uncomfortable. The student called Campus Safety. An officer responded and searched the surrounding areas for the individuals.