Home2018-2019Weekly Report by Campus Safety

Weekly Report by Campus Safety

Criminal Mischief

March 16, 12:13 a.m. (Hatfield Fountain): Campus Safety received a call that the Hatfield Fountain was filled with soap. An officer contacted Facilities to respond.

March 24, 7:15 p.m. (Cascadia Hall): While on patrol, an officer noticed graffiti on the building. A work order was created to remove the graffiti.

Emergency Medical Aid

March 16, 12:08 p.m. (In a campus residence): Campus Safety received a call reporting that a student needed medical attention. The student was transported to Salem Hospital for evaluation.

March 16, 12:28 p.m. (In a campus residence): Campus Safety received a call reporting that a student needed medical attention. Officers responded and transported the student to the hospital.

March 16, 11:53 p.m. (In a campus residence): Campus Safety received a call reporting that a student needed medical attention. Officers and WEMS responded and determined that the student should go to the hospital. The student was transported to the hospital.

March 21, 8:59 p.m. (In a campus residence): Campus Safety received a call that a student may need medical attention. The officer and RA evaluated the student. The student declined going to the hospital and was encouraged to call Campus Safety back if they changed their mind.

Possession of Controlled Substance

March 16, 11:00 p.m. (Baxter Hall): Campus Safety received a request to confiscate a controlled substance found in a student’s room. Officers confiscated the identified items.

Trespass

March 20, 6:20 p.m. (Matthews parking lot): Campus Safety received a call about a suspicious individual in the Matthews parking lot near a car with a broken window. An officer responded and Salem Police was also contacted. The individual was trespassed from University property.

Theft

March 20, 6:20 p.m. (Matthews parking lot): Campus Safety officers responded to a call of an individual’s window to their vehicle being broken. There were items missing according to the individual, and a report was filed with the Campus Safety officers and Salem Police.

Policy Violation

March 20, 7:02 p.m. (Matthews Hall): Campus Safety officers encountered a student who was on the roof of Matthews Hall. The officer reminded the student that this is a policy violation. A report was filed.

Suspicious Activity

March 18, 11:37 a.m. (Eaton Hall): Campus Safety received a call that a suspicious individual attempted to enter Eaton Hall. An officer patrolled the area to assure that the individual was no longer on campus.

March 19, 3:32 p.m. (Smullin Hall): Campus Safety received a call about non-Willamette individuals skateboarding on the steps of Smullin Hall. An officer made contact with the individuals and they left campus.

March 19, 7:28 p.m. (Kaneko): Campus Safety was informed of a suspicious individual sitting on the skybridge and then walking near the Hatfield Library. An officer patrolled the area to assure that the individual was no longer on campus.

March 20, 11:39 p.m. (Sparks Center): An officer reported that a suspicious individual was in the bushes on the east side of Sparks. After speaking with the individual, they left campus.

March 21, 9:23 a.m. (Law School): Campus Safety received a call about suspicious individuals walking in front of the Law School. An officer made contact with them in the Blue Lot and confirmed they were leaving campus.

March 26, 8:09 p.m. (Sparks Field): While on patrol, an officer noticed a suspicious individual on campus. The officer ensured they made it off campus.

March 26, 10:23 p.m. (Winter Street): Campus Safety received notice from Salem Hospital of an individual they removed from campus walking towards the University. An officer responded and made sure the individual did not enter campus.

March 28, 12:33 p.m. (University Center): Campus Safety received a call reporting a suspicious individual in the UC. An officer responded and located the individual who was walking toward Winter Street. The officer ensured that the individual left campus.