Home2018-2019Weekly Report by Campus Safety

Weekly Report by Campus Safety

Possession of a Controlled Substance

Feb. 21, 9:45 a.m. (Kaneko Commons): Campus Safety received a call requesting officers to confiscate paraphernalia. An officer responded and collected the items.

Theft

Feb. 19, 8:55 p.m. (Sparks Center): Campus Safety received a report stating a bag had been stolen from Sparks. An officer responded and a report was filed.

Suspicious Activity

Feb. 18, 11:02 a.m. (Law Library): Campus Safety received a call reporting a suspicious individual that they had seen before. Officers responded and followed the individual until they were off campus property.

Feb. 18, 7:14 p.m. (Hatfield Library): Campus Safety received a call reporting a suspicious individual in the library staring at people passing by. Officers responded and assured that the person left campus.

Feb. 19, 4:20 p.m. (Skybridge): Campus Safety received a call reporting a homeless individual yelling at student and soliciting. Officers responded and learned that the individual had already left the area.

Feb 19. 11:30 a.m. (Bistro): Campus Safety received a call reporting a suspicious individual making students feel uncomfortable. An officer responded and talked to the individual.

Feb 20. 7:44 a.m. (University Center): Campus Safety received a call reporting suspicious individuals sleeping in the lobby. An officer responded, but learned that the individuals had already left.

Feb. 22, 1:28 p.m. (University Center): A employee called to report a suspicious individual that had just left their office who was rather hostile. Moments later, another call came in reporting the same individual. Officers responded and searched the surrounding areas, but the individual had already left.

Criminal Mischief

Feb. 19, 3:06 a.m. (Gatke Hall): Campus Safety received a call reporting a car with a broken vehicle window. Officers responded and assessed the vehicle and were able to contact the owner. A report was filed.

Medical Escort

Feb. 18, 9:31 a.m. (University Center): Campus Safety received a call requesting transport to the emergency room for a student. An officer responded and transported the student to the hospital and later picked them up after they had been treated.

Vehicle Accident

Feb. 21, 3:49 p.m. (Sparks Parking Lot): Campus Safety received a call reporting a hit and run. The caller was able to get the vehicle information for both vehicles. The owner of the vehicle was contacted and advised to contact Campus Safety to file a report.

Welfare Check

Feb 19. 8:02 a.m. (in a campus residence): Campus Safety received a call from a parent requesting a welfare check as they had not heard from their family member for some time. An officer responded was able to get in contact with the student and requested they contact their parents.

*PLEASE CONTACT CAMPUS SAFETY IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION REGARDING THESE INCIDENTS.