Home2017-2018WU President attends ASWU

WU President attends ASWU

By Ben Love

Following this last weeks Associated Students of Willamette University (ASWU) meeting, many things of great importance for this community were discussed. President Thorsett joined us as a special guest. He discussed his vision for Willamette’s future, year-to-year budgeting, investing and expanding.

President Thorsett went on to answer questions and concerns posed by students and encouraged more students to come to his office hours each month. After Thorsett spoke, Tova Hershman and Bella Green were able to lay out their plan for the food pantry coming soon to Shepherd.

Over the Thanksgiving break the food pantry was given a pilot run and showed successful. In the coming weeks flyers and posters will be seen around campus promoting the food pantry. Following this, senate reports were given discussing the Rubber Ducky Race and CSL; a new Justice was appointed: Mia Noren.

The spring activities fair will be happening soon and as of this Monday. The ASP Students are here; give them a warm welcome and make some new friends. As a reminder ASWU meetings take place in Ford 102 every Thursday at 7:00. Join us this Thursday to discuss the future of Bishop Wellness Center and the new fee proposal with Ed Whipple and Don Thomson.

btlove@willamette.edu