• Skeet Starr, Sports Editor

Fast Break Sports Report: Sean Kim invokes Atlas, women’s soccer might be back

Art by Carolyn Vasquez.

Hello, Bearcat Fan! Fall preseason draws now to a close and the real show begins. Much has been made of the heroism and gallantry of Northwest Conference posterity, but the reality of a regular season clash is all horror, smoke and confusion. Brace yourself, Bearcat Fan, and let’s go to the news!

Women’s soccer held defending national champions Cal Lu to a 0-0 draw after Sam Borngasser (‘25) clocked seven saves. Are they back?

A brace-scoring Sean Kim (‘24) and the men’s soccer team scraped out a late draw against the visiting UC Santa Cruz Banana Slugs. They then narrowly lost to defending national champs Calvin (0-1).

Football. 14-37. George Fox. It’s a far cry from last season’s catastrophe (10-63), yet we at The Collegian can’t help but wonder if dreams remain the domain of those who sleep.

Women’s cross-country took second of seven while the men took third of eight at the Ash Creek Invitational. 

In the world of sport: Saddle up, cowpokes: the Rodeo of Champions is back in town. Last year, sports writer Mary Vickery (‘24)  headed to the state fair grounds where she saw wild cows milked at break-neck pace and teenage boys tossed below 2,000 pounds of bovine fury. Now the mud’s set to be torn up yet again. In other news, a Manning can run — shutter the windows and turn off the lights … immediately.

Consider in the coming weeks: Are space and time a priori intuitions upon which experience derives form or are they experiences in and of themselves, and alternatively, how will volleyball fare today against the Pioneers?

• White Facebook Icon