• Skeet Starr, Sports Editor

Fast Break Sports Report: Soccer draws, draws, draws then draws

Art by: Alyssa Diggdon

Hello, Bearcat Fan! The WU Flu has taken me early, denigrating the quality of the Fast Break. Despite my infirmity, I have resolved to use my platform to educate sports readers on cold season safety.

Tip 1: If an older, well-dressed man approaches you while wandering the countryside, telling you he will grant you a wish for only a lock of your hair, DO NOT take his offer.

Tip 2: It does not matter how bad the economy is or how charming of a twinkle he has in his eye. 

Let’s go to the news!

Men’s soccer opened their regular season tab with two scrum goals from Matt Chase (‘27) and a victory over Lewis & Clark. Again burdened by back-line injury, the women failed to find a solution to the Pioneers’ Celeste Schreifels (‘25), conceding a hat trick and losing (0-3). Both squads wrenched out a pair of draws up north in Tacoma, positive results given the competition.

Olivia Cadien (‘25) led in kills as Pioneer volleyball fell by the wayside (3-1), but the Bearcats’ trip to Tacoma ended in disappointment as the Loggers and Lutes made off with 3-1 and 3-0 wins respectively.

Tennis ducked its head out for a brief fall appearance.

The golf teams are firing away in Tualatin, and results will be finalized tonight. As of mid-day Monday, the men sit at eighth, while the women are still only participating with a skeleton crew.

Triathlon got the axe; the Cal Poly Humboldt Lumberjacks earned a decisive victory (93-66). Why have you forsaken us, Riga Grubis?

In the world of sport: Manchester City and Arsenal may have cemented a bitter top-flight rivalry of early ‘90s proportions. Now if only we could bring back the wanton disregard for player safety. In other news, Gonzaga has been linked to a PAC-12 rebuild.

Consider in the coming weeks: Get your own thoughts to consider. So needy. Sheesh. 

• White Facebook Icon