Staff Picks: Fictional worlds

Compiled by Priya Thoren

Opinions Editor

Topic: Fictional world that you’d like to live in!

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed are from the individual staff members and do not reflect the perspective of The Collegian as a whole. The submissions are unedited and unaltered from what was submitted by individual staff members.

The Pick: Middle Earth

Submitted by: Bjorn Domst, Copy Editor

Staff Comment: I would definitely pick Middle Earth so I could just tuck myself away in a hobbit hole in the Shire and not concern myself with the worries of the world.

The Pick: Breaking Bad

Submitted by: Monte Remer, Lifestyles Editor

Staff Comment: Breaking Bad. Need to brush up on a few things.

The Pick: Gilmore Girls

Submitted by: Eleanor Hu, Managing Editor

Staff Comment: Definitely Gilmore Girls now that fall has started—I want to enjoy the rain and changing leaves in Stars Hollow.

The Pick: The Big Lebowski

Submitted by: Skeet Starr, Sports Editor

Staff Comment: The Big Lebowski because I don't bowl enough.

The Pick: Twilight

Submitted by: Caramia Christensen, Artist

Staff Comment: Twilight!! Forks, Washington is so beautiful and autumn is my favorite season + I think co-existing with vampires would be super cool.

The Pick: Animal Crossing

Submitted by: Emma Innes, News Editor

Staff Comment: Animal Crossing. I just want to relax and rest. It seems at this point my only chance of that is just to live on an island that I can decorate to my liking and live easily with low-effort farming and orchard tending. Plus there will be a bunch of friends on there as well. Another big plus is that the Able Sister's store has some clothes I would love to wear. I can relax on my island, but I can also wear the "princess dress" as much as I want and declare myself Queen of the island. Tom Nook wouldn't be able to stop me. I can even set up a throne. The only downside is the occasional tarantula and scorpion

The Pick: Stardew Valley

Submitted by: Izzie Cornelison, Staff Writer

Staff Comment: Does Stardew Valley count? If so 100% Stardew Valley. My woes are reduced to if my turnip harvest is today or tomorrow and if I can give Haley a gift today or not. There is no death just a little money cut, the people are so nice and also I would be filthy rich right now.

The Pick: Smiling Friends

Submitted by: Ernie Samora, Staff Writer

Staff Comment: Smiling Friends bc I would be a big green alligator man with a bunch of other ppl of differing art styles, a world of smiles :)

The Pick: Far Far Away (Shrek 2)

Submitted by: Bella Montalvo, Editor-In-Chief

Staff Comment: Far Far Away in Shrek 2 is absolutely the place I need to be! The carriages, fairytale themed fast food, attending balls with Fiona and Donkey, I don’t think it gets much better than that.

The Pick: Harry Potter

Submitted by: Priya Thoren, Opinions Editor

Staff Comment: Harry Potter!! I’d love to meet all of my favorite characters and explore Hogwarts (and get to learn magic, duh).

Comments